[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I rather hope I won’t live long enough to find out.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: PeterHitchens.jpg (18KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
PeterHitchens.jpg
18KB, 620x413px
>But I do think he is more or less right when he says ‘We live in an age in which our liberal media elite and most people who call themselves Christian in social surveys treat liberalism and Christianity as strangers to themselves and each other. Farron sought relief from his public trial by recalling the proud history of his faith in the reformation of British politics. No one wanted to hear it. He called upon the decency and forbearance that are supposed to mark British society. There is none left.’

>Why is this? Because Antonio Gramsci’s advice (first offered to the revolutionary left almost a century ago but only really grasped and understood in the late 1960s) has been taken. Because those who want to begin the world over again now understand that you sort out the culture first and the barracks (and the banks) later rather than the other way round. The political party, the charity, the research body, the think tank, the pressure group or membership organisation, the university, the TV station, the newspaper, the primary school, even the church itself, must be quietly turned to the purposes of the utopians. Then the rest will follow.

>So utopian revolutionary views, once confined to openly totalitarian and violent factions in Western politics, have now become the apparently respectable ‘centrist’ aims of ‘mainstream’ politics, culture, media and education. And, while they have not adopted and will not ( I hope and trust) adopt the secret police and gulag methods of their 20thcentury forerunners, they have discovered many almost equally effective weapons for crushing Christianity or any other force which stands against worldly utopianism. In these times, soft power threats to promotion, employment and status, backed up by the public shaming which social media can visit on any target at any time, does the job pretty well. Whether it will be enough, in the end, I don’t know. I rather hope I won’t live long enough to find out.

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2017/06/thoughts-on-the-resignation-of-tim-farron-as-leader-of-the-liberal-democrats.html

You horrific pseuds love sprinkling Christian references everywhere in your dumb writings and world view but you are not on the side of P Hitch.
>>
Kay.
>>
>>9676700
He's correct. And I think we should use the teachings of Gramsci to facilitate a conservative revolution.

I'd be the first to put the gays into camps.
>>
le peter hitchens

>"Addiction doesn't exist! You can't point to it in the human body!"
>"Eh, Peter, does grief exist?"
>"Yes, of course."
>"Point to it in the human body."
>"That's a false equivalence!"
>"Just admit you're playing with semantics, buddy."
>"The Liberal establishm-"

>"Man-made Climate change is a farce! It's not real!"
>"Peter, why do you think that?"
>"The climate has always gone through warming and colding periods, that's a fact!"
>"Peter, the previous changes in environment formed a natural equilibrium whereas our output is putting off balance this equilibrium and resulting in rapid shifts in the climate."
>"You simply, CANNOT, dO THAT!"
>>
>>9676781
>Addiction doesn't exist! You can't point to it in the human body
That isn't even wrong though, there's a massive amount of debate on the reality of addiction and the "addiction don't real" side is winning.
>>
>>9676781
Is Pete a climate change denier?

His addiction stuff isn't supposed to be intellectual; it's supposed to be a simplistic call for personal morality and responsibility angles to be resurrected in the drugs debate. He's not great at doing it unfortunately.
>>
>>9676795
Get addicted to opiates and tell me it isnt real.
>>
File: jerusalem.jpg (98KB, 500x710px) Image search: [Google]
jerusalem.jpg
98KB, 500x710px
>>9676700
And in turn Worst Hitchens treats utopianism and Christianity as strangers to each other, for no good reason I can see.
>>
>>9676850

People can and do quit opiates. Addiction is a choice.
>>
>>9676713
>>9676873
How can we get women back in the kitchen where they belong, white brothers?
>>
File: 1498172576233.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498172576233.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>>9676713
Whoever weaponizes memes best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAExa9P7hME
>>
>>9676860
That seems like just a call to create a better society; not a utopia.

Christianity is not really in the business of building earthly utopias.
>>
>>9676795
By all means champ, test your mettle with heroin. I suspect you will change your opinion on the matter.
>>
>>9676906
>>9676850
>People getting upset the DSM no longer recognizes addiction as scientific
???
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.