[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Freud and Jung

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: images-5.jpg (16KB, 485x303px) Image search: [Google]
images-5.jpg
16KB, 485x303px
Who's right?
>>
>>9675732
About what?
>>
I think they need to be synthesized. I think that we (men) all want to fuck our mothers and are afraid to be castrated. I think all women suffer from hysteria and penis envy.
I think myths are simply the collective consciousness of lust. Everything can be reduced to lust, even religion.

Archetypes are just different types we lust after.
>>
>>9675732
Jung was too batshit to even be called wrong

Sage goes in all fields
>>
>>9675751
Thanks for the bump
>>
>>9675732
Both? Jung as very connected to his mother, was a founder of Electra's complex. On the other side Freud is known for Oedipus complex. Both complexes play a vital role in development of mental diseases among men and women.
>>
>>9675732
They may have been right in some respects, but their theories suffer from a lack of solid evidence and Freud probably set back research on the human mind by more than half a century given how much crankery he and the Freudians in general produced.

>>9675749
> I think that we (men) all want to fuck our mothers
Now, we don't, thanks to the Westermarck Efect.

>>9675907
Except they don't, mental illness runs to a large extent in families and has biological causes like syphilis. Also, the hypothesis that neurosis is a product of some trauma or parental tyranny is rendered somewhat null by the fact that thirld-worlders tend to have a smaller incidence of mentall illnesses than those who live in the first world, despite suffering much more by any metric.
>>
>>9675964
>thirld-worlders tend to have a smaller incidence of mentall illnesses than those who live in the first world,
Source?
>>
>>9675964
>but their theories suffer from a lack of solid evidence
>much crankery
It seems clear to me you suffer from castration anxiety. I think you use your left brain too much as well.
Shame humans aren't capable of using more as 10 percent of their brains, I think you need to use other parts of your brain.
>>
Who fucked you up worse, your mother or your father?
>>
Both were flawed. But Jung's theories (and their consequences) are more interesting, Freud limited himself with his materialist views.
>>
>>9675971
There's this for schizophrenia:
http://dx.plos.org/10.1371/journal.pmed.0020141
>>
>>9675749
>>9675907
There is no such thing as "complexes"

Even the Oedipul complex is a naive revisionist reading of Freud. The "elektra complex" certainly does not exist.
>>
>>9676005
>He limited himself by not believing in magic

Please go back to /x/
>>
>>9676017
*tips*
>>
File: vpi93b.jpg (22KB, 577x435px) Image search: [Google]
vpi93b.jpg
22KB, 577x435px
>>9675964
>thirld-worlders tend to have a smaller incidence of mentall illnesses

You're some special type of retard
>>
>>9675964
>thirld-worlders tend to have a smaller incidence of mentall illnesses
Seems like you're insane too. Its actually ultra rare to see someone from second-world country who is not insane so you can guess what it means for third-worlders.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.