[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What even is reality?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Steamboat-willie.jpg (21KB, 373x267px) Image search: [Google]
Steamboat-willie.jpg
21KB, 373x267px
What even is reality?
>>
>>9675247
the body, sex, death
>>
Elementary particles
>>
What counts as real and what isn't is always up for debate. The real question is: Why do some definitions of reality prevail over others?
>>
I want to know as well, anybody?!
>>
The thing that acts as a physical barrier to our existence.
>>
>>9675250
This, especially the parts where you feel pain
>>
File: 1476249060029.jpg (311KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1476249060029.jpg
311KB, 1000x800px
the extent of what you know about quantum physics

>and nietzsche
>>
Everything.
>>
>>9675247
>1 The world is everything that is the case.
>1.1 The world is the totality of facts, not of things.
>1.11 The world is determined by the facts, and these being all the facts.
>1.12 For the totality of facts determines both what is the case, and also that is not the case.
>1.13 The facts in logical space are the world.
>1.2 The world divides into facts.
>1.21Anyone can either be the case or not be the case, and everything else remain the same.
>>
File: jHFmrhF.gif (976KB, 245x190px) Image search: [Google]
jHFmrhF.gif
976KB, 245x190px
>>9675247
>take a heroic dose of mushrooms
>???
>profit
>>
>>9675247
Consciousness.
This is the only correct answer
>>
>>9676058
>Wittgenautism
>>
>>9676095
das it mane
>>
>>9675247
The truth is "Steamboat Willie" was inspired by Steamboat Bill, Jr., which is a wonderful film at any time, but in particular, if you ever have a chance to see it projected before a live audience.
>>
>>9675247
An ideal containing all ideals excluding itself, THEREFORE reality is no common ideal. Because it is not self-contained it's 'literally' everything else. Though fantasy is real, reality is no fantasy. Though lies are real, reality is no lie..
Reality is the spatio-temporal version of truth, and therefore an aim (like truth) that both words and numbers can only approximate. Like infinity (and truth) it is a limitting concept (or ideal) we cannot pass beyond in our thinking: Reality ALWAYS contains our thinking, and is precisely why the idea of death is so interesting..
I am of course just guessing.
>>
>>9675247
Existence adhering to Sartres definition of Existentialism is the closest we have gotten to accurately stating what reality is. Because I only know my essence, I cannot say with absolute certainty that this is what reality is, but using our essence to deduce what reality is, it is what I first said.
>>
>>9677880
In determining your essence, your essence changes and so, your reality changes.
>>
>>9677890
Prove that essence and reality correspond or are in any way related.
>>
>>9677906
Your reality is processed by you attributing What and How to objects and events. In determining your own essence you may realise an assumption that you have made about reality and "correct" it. In so doing, your reality changes.
>>
>>9677927
>Your reality is processed by you attributing What and How to objects and events
False, this is how your essence is processed.
>>
>>9677950
This seems like a problem of definitions then. I would argue that both are determined this way.
>>
>>9677957
There actually isn't a problem of definitions, you're correct.
>>
>>9677967
Going further, it appears to be a recursive relationship where reality and essence are constantly in flux.
>>
>>9677989
Your essential reality is determined by your essence in the first place, even if they are not one in the same. Granted, essential reality always has potential to change, but it doesn't, and will not necessarily always change.
>>
>>9675247
Reality is our perception of the world. Nothing is real outside of our mind if we don't process it with our senses. Sound isn't real for the deaf and colors aren't real for the blind.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.