[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

...I don't get it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: franz-kafka-the-trial.jpg (179KB, 303x500px) Image search: [Google]
franz-kafka-the-trial.jpg
179KB, 303x500px
...I don't get it.
>>
>>9673319
It's in hiatus.
>>
people fall in between the cracks of modern bureaucracies which, striving for efficiency, fail to see them as people

this can produce absurd situations.

lesson: the customer is always right!
>>
K is a pathetic man. His existence is on trial.
>>
kafka's writing is not about anything, it is the thing itself.
>>
File: 1498244603856.jpg (83KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1498244603856.jpg
83KB, 1000x1200px
>>9673397
>Kafka was trying to do anything similar to what Joyce was trying to do
stop watching anime family
>>
>>9673319
no one does, until it's too late
>>
the slapstick-elements are pretty cool
>>
>>9673410
who are you quoting? i think beckett puts it best for many artists. there is no need outside the realm of academia to ascribe vapid allegory and political meanings to works of transcendent and emotional beauty. kafka didn't mean anything more with the trial than the words he put to the page. western education has corrupted to a point of seeing all arts besides music as somehow puzzleboxes to be deciphered. literature not to be read, but to be read about.

i'd even say beckett's assessment works better with kafka than joyce.
>>
reread it as a comedy
i like the breakfast
>>
>>9673432
you didn't understand the essay you collapsed-skull retard
>>
>>9673397
>doesn't know Kafka, doesn't know Cunt.

There are two major interpretive keys to Kafka. The first one is the Kabbalah, the other one is communication theory and intended contradictoriness, for example:
>Ein Vogel ging einen Käfig suchen.
A bird went to search a cage.
>A bird
connotes freedom
>went
contradictory: birds don't "go", they fly
>to search a cage
>cage
connotes bondage which is contradictory to the earlier connoted freedom

Kafka is said to have had a lot of fun reading his texts. He's a troll, a fun one, and a very sophisticated one. Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
File: 1363936730436.gif (2MB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1363936730436.gif
2MB, 320x287px
>>9673453
>>
I thought the ending was pretty funny, but then it made me sad. Still funny, though.
>>
Professor I had gave a really interesting interpretation on this being a metaphor for how procrastination and immobilizing fear can really fuck a niggas life up
>>
>>9673319
Just read The Firm by John Grisham it's basically the same thing.
>>
>>9673319
daddy issues
>>
>>9673453
did u just read the same david foster wallace essay i did yesterday
>>
>>9673397
This, Kafka is less about the message and more about the experience. How it makes you feel.
>>9673453
Don't listen to this moron. Pseudo intellectual obfuscation and Jewry has nothing to do with anything.
>>
>>9673450
this.

Walter Benjamiin also commented on the Slap-Stick Art of Kafka
>>
In follow on to most points, it is a slapstick comedy, which comes from the subversion of power. It is meant to make us feel bewildered along with the main character because the bureaucratic systems at large are confusing to most people, or at least in this case Kafka felt this way.
>>
Why do people act like Kafka was some great original storywriter when his style is so similar to Dostoevsky. The Double is pretty much a Kafka story half a century before Kafka.
>>
>>9674819
How often do people praise him for his originality?
>>
>>9674819
The Double is a rip off of Gogol.
>>
>>9674868
Well the term Kafkaesque implies he is the originator or founder of thr style, does it not? I want to clarify I like Kafka, however after reading some Dostoevsky I can see why he regarded him so highly. It is perhaps the case that most author's did not create their style, but they owned it.
>>
>>9674819
Try recreating Dostoyevskys style with such precision and not fucking up, it's not secret that he was influenced by him, but that doesn't mean it's not good.
Also OP read about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nouveau_roman
Before trying to understand that kind of literature.
>>
>>9674819
>implying Kafka isn't to Dostoevsky as Lovecraft is to Poe
>>
>>9674881
Kafkaesque just means surreal twists at the end of his stories
>>
File: kafka and kabbalah.jpg (53KB, 307x475px) Image search: [Google]
kafka and kabbalah.jpg
53KB, 307x475px
>>9674601
>Doesn't know one of the oldest and most common interpretive approaches to Kafka.
>calls other people "morons"
>>>/lit/
>>
File: garth.jpg (63KB, 1161x873px) Image search: [Google]
garth.jpg
63KB, 1161x873px
>>
>>9673319
perhaps another day in the machine will help you to understand
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.