[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is philosophy the ultimate meme? >built on a solid foundation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170426_215110.jpg (33KB, 552x737px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170426_215110.jpg
33KB, 552x737px
Is philosophy the ultimate meme?
>built on a solid foundation at least two millennia old
>all human knowledge has directly or indirectly derived from it
>looks silly from outside, but actually has deep meaning
>normies have never understood it and never will. ever
>to mock it, you have to use it
>^some next level sh*t right there
>unlike other fads, it never died out, just like real dank memes
>still no one knows what the fuck it's actually talking about
>>
I can't answer your wider questions but
>normies have never understood it and never will. ever
It's been my experience that a lot of high-tier "normies" are interested in philosophy. I'd go as far to say that "philosophy" is almost on equal footing with "finance." You need to encounter a better class of normie desu. I suggest moving to a world class city
>>
This is a literature board. If you want to discuss non-specific philosophy, go to /his/.
>>
read nietzsche opie
>>
>>9672441
You are not a normie if you are interested in philosophy.
>>
>>9672429
Is a philosophy degree worth anything? Im in EE but I honestly don't care for engineering, and I'd rather not rack my brain into autism for four straight years. Seems like philosophy is the better choice to be a well rounded people person, but it's hard to market it on a resume
>>
>>9672457
Normies in the sense of high-achieving career-oriented yuppies are almost all interested in philosophy to some degree. It's all about signaling your cultural refinement and intelligence to your peers. Nothing strokes the ego quite like discussing philosophy with your friends over dinner and some fine wine.

>>9672468
No, unless it's from a very good school. Degrees in anything from very good schools are useful anyway though. Companies really do not care much about having "well-rounded" people in the same way that colleges claim to.
>>
Damn you people are so fucking boring.
>>
File: 8a4.jpg (7KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
8a4.jpg
7KB, 316x202px
>>9672442
When will this meme end?
>>
>>9672624
It's true if you Jungpost
t. Was banned for it while the mods allow /r9k/posting to flourish
>>
File: 6464.jpg (20KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
6464.jpg
20KB, 360x480px
>>9672429
God fucking damn it threads like this makes me hate /lit/ with all the power of life I have in me. If /lit/ was a little kid and it said something like this I would whip it with pic related and then rub my dick cheese all over its wounds. Everyone in this thread is so stupid that I am literally pulling my hair out right now. You were supposed to be the chosen ones you fucking walls, you were supposed to be the last bastion of intellectuality in this degenerate world and yet you still only post idiotic shit like this. You know what would have been a better question, one that I would have giggled and clapped at? Whether the Complete Works of Aristotle volume is better for rubbing your dick in than the Complete Works of Plato volume. Instead you post shit like this that is neither funny, nor insightful, nor respectful in any way towards our time and our lives even. Nobody will ever remember your shitty thread you fucking bottle dweller. It's as if you gave us a glimpse into death itself. FUCK.
>>
>>9672643
>here comes the adult
>>
>>9672492
>ressentiment: the post
Plenty of non-normies are successful. And a lot of normies are unsuccessful. You know not of what you speak.
>>
>>9672429

God damn this post made me laugh so hard

>that's some next level sh*t right here
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.