[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Persona right in that reading books will help me become a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: best girl.png (44KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
best girl.png
44KB, 240x240px
Is Persona right in that reading books will help me become a more interesting and fleshed out person or is this just a meme to warrant the massive time investment in something as banal as "enjoyment" ??

Why do you read over partaking in other artforms?
>>
>>9671613
Videogames are being refined for a couple decades now. Movies for a couple centuries.
Literature and art have been around for millennia.
It's inevitable for them to provide you with the largest amount and highest quality of substance to fill your mind with. Your chocie whether you'd rather partake in art or read books. Just remember that you actually need to read books, not just about them, just like watching art won't get you anywhere unless you partake in it yourself.
>>
>>9672267
>Movies for a couple centuries
not quite
>>
>>9672282
bruh dont question the flow
>>
>>9671613
>something as banal as "enjoyment" ??
We got a supreme mentlegen here guys. A real enlightened euphoric.
>>
>>9671613
No. It depends more on what you read and how you read rather than just reading books in general.

The modern glorification of books in general over other mediums is perpetually regurgitated by pseudointellectuals who do not actually read books at all but just want to signal intelligence. There are countless garbage books that are complete wastes of time to read, and even reading a ``good" book is pointless if you aren't reading deliberately.

If you really just want to become a "more interesting and fleshed out person" just memorize a bunch of deep-sounding quotes and spout them at random in between moments of silent brooding and apparent deep contemplation.
>>
>>9672538
>"more interesting and fleshed out person" just memorize a bunch of deep-sounding quotes and spout them at random in between moments of silent brooding and apparent deep contemplation.

being a pseud is not being more interesting and fleshed out :^(
>>
IMHO you either are interesting or you aren't. If you truly are a pleb normie with no personality, no amount of reading will cure it.
I agree with the anon who said that the glorification of books over other media is mainly made by people who don't even read. Just because it's a book, it doesn't mean it's worth reading.
>>
>>9672561
Sorry, I was trying to make a joke.
>>
>>9672581
Don't bother, people in this board are too busy playing the pseudointellectual to get jokes.
>>
>>9671613
no
now go play videogames all day and leave me fucking alone of your kind
>>
>>9672581
I got that it was a joke but I am insecure and took it as you mocking me by thinking that's the kind of person I want to be, my bad.
>>
>>9672572
This. Holy shit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.