[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is this guy? And what can you tell me about him?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: nothing spookinnel kid.jpg (63KB, 1002x750px) Image search: [Google]
nothing spookinnel kid.jpg
63KB, 1002x750px
Who is this guy? And what can you tell me about him?
>>
>>9669351
oh nothing just an anime character
>>
>>9669357
there has to be more to this man...

The caption in that image reminds me of myself.
>>
File: spook philosophy.png (15KB, 688x585px) Image search: [Google]
spook philosophy.png
15KB, 688x585px
look there's more.
>>
>>9669351
that's homer simpson. he's from the simpsons which is a popular tv show.
>>
>>9669421
and this guy
>>9669420
>>
>>9669437
Looks like a poorly drawn MS paint comic.
>>
>>9669437
yeah that's homer simpson
>>
basically dumb nerds who have no intention of really understanding his philosophy use an elementary interpretation of what he's saying to defend childish beliefs that protect their ego.
that's all you really need to know. He's like Nietzche, people use his ideas flexibly except it's even worse because there is an even more selfish element at play
>>
>>9669351
Leorio?
>>
>>9669523
>really understanding his philosophy use an elementary interpretation of what he's saying to defend childish beliefs that protect their ego.
are you implying that the politics ramblings are the authentic "message" of stirner?. because is pretty obvious this is his philosophy. this are the implications of what he said, and he knows it.

>to defend childish beliefs that protect their ego.
literally there is nothing bad or biased in this.
>>
File: IMG_20170621_214246.jpg (401KB, 3857x436px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170621_214246.jpg
401KB, 3857x436px
He may have been a pre-Socratic?
>>
>>9669740
>Western Philosophy ended where it began
Really jogs the noggin
>>
File: 2chainz.jpg (225KB, 959x1371px) Image search: [Google]
2chainz.jpg
225KB, 959x1371px
>>9669351
Ask /lit's/ resident Stirner expert anything.
>>
>>9669842
Ideologically, which preceding philosopher is Stirner most associated with?
>>
>>9670946
Hegel.

2nd Baur.
>>
You know how when kids play that game where they escalate imaginary armaments until some little shit pulls out his "everything proof shield"? That, but for grown-ups.
>>
File: spook.png (374KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
spook.png
374KB, 800x800px
>>9671100
kek
>>
>>9669646
Kek
>>
File: stirnerstuff.png (3MB, 1468x5376px) Image search: [Google]
stirnerstuff.png
3MB, 1468x5376px
>>9669351
>>
>>9669842
who hurt you?
>>
>>9672283
im SPOOKED
>>
I got memed into reading Ego and its Own. Stirner's just a second rate Young Hegelian with terrible prose. On the plus side, Engels made a sique sketch of him. All told I'd give Max a 4/10.
>>
>>9673183

Wrong. Stirner destroyed philosophy and reality. People just fear anyone learning him because it will speel the end of everything because of shit like this: roko's basilisk.
>>
>>9673192
*yawn* I'll make sure to add Stirner to my list of philosophers who have ended philosophy.

I just googled roko's basilisk. Well meme'd m'lady!
>>
>>9673207

Stirner did end philosophy. Explain how he didn't.
>>
>>9673244
"Please explicitly refute my wild and baseless claim."

>>9673207
what the fuck i literally just referenced this in another thread and had never seen it mentioned on /lit/ before. synchronicity (or a wink from multivac)
>>
>>9669680
>because is pretty obvious this is his philosophy.
t. dumb nerds who have no intention of really understanding his philosophy use an elementary interpretation of what he's saying to defend childish beliefs that protect their ego
>>
>>9669351
He's a phantasm.
>>
>>9673244
yeah, he totally ended the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence dude!!
>>
>>9669842
Which translation would you recommend?
>>
>>9674595
Old one is more clinical, new one preserves more of Stirners fire.

I'd say old and if you enjoy it and want more pick up the new one.
>>
>>9674595
New one.
>>
>>9669842
What is the unique one? Why is it indescribable?
>>
sad man who had no mates so he couldn't figure out what phenomenology was so he just became self obsessed.

his ideas are actually really decent when taken alongside the works of people like fourier and proudhon. theyre the kind of things that amalgamate with other ideologies well.
>>
>>9672283
Thanks for this. Finally I get to see what all this spook shit is from the horse's mouth.

At a glance, with all his insouciance and snark, and btfo attitude, he seems like the original fedora guy, albeit much more learned and stylish than the typical fedora. Although his observation that "cheerfulness in Catholic life must perish in this Protestant legality" smacks a little of Chesterton.
>>
File: 1497324106199.jpg (36KB, 436x425px) Image search: [Google]
1497324106199.jpg
36KB, 436x425px
He's a caricature of an extreme alarmist, who believes any mention of any ideology is an attempt to scare him into believing in something, as fear is cited as the #1 tool of recruiting people to participate in a cause. This is of course partly true but he takes it to absurd levels by deeming every viewpoint or philosophy ever as an attempt at this, or a "spook," and thus engages solely in egoism; or a never-ending sense of self-indulgence dictated purely by his own subjective whims and beliefs.
>>
>>9675777
read the book.

I am the unique one and I am indescribable because of my uniqueness
>>
>>9677301
Why not read this works instead of basing your opinion on /lit/ memes?

If you have actually read The Ego/Stirners Critics; and this is your criticism, you might be retarded.
>>
>>9675777
Attempt to describe ''the unique'' i.e. yourself. What you will end up doing is describing the property of the unique, not the unique itself, from this you get the concept of ''The creative nothing''.
>>
>>9677301
/co/fags with elevated self-importance OUT
>>
>>9669842
>translation

You're not the resident expert, that German guy who actually does lectures on him is.

Not sure if he still posts though.
>>
>>9669523
>Being selfish is bad

Give me one rational and practical reason why anyone should care about anything at all that doesn't affect them?

And spare me your grand masturbatory 'humanity' or 'society' perspective.
>>
>>9678612
his mummy and daddy and schoolteachers and peers and kids tv shows and disney movies and YA books emotionally inculcated him with that belief so it must be right sweetie
>>
>>9678612
because it's mutually beneficial
>>
>>9678686
You are always working towards your self interest. Might as well stop misplacing it to some spook and develop good judgement regarding what is truly within your interest.
>>
>>9678686
You basically proved his point. Stirner is only concerned with helping other people when HE benefits.
>>
>>9669351
Stirner was a prankster who wrote an incoherent philosophy (on several occassions pointing to the stupid oppressive limitations of language, insert my tears here) which can be interpreted to say that you are free to enjoy the privilege of fools/sociopaths/schizophrenics if only you allow yourself to be one.
>>
Spooks are a spook

If it boils down to my happiness

If I'm happy I can't be spooked
>>
>>9678833
The spook is not the spook that is talked about.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.