[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ideas thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: cover.jpg (335KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
335KB, 700x700px
Can we have a thread about concepts writers might have for their own personal work? like an ideas thread.
for instance i've been wondering about about a certain concept i'd like to employ: the story revolves around a cast of six characters who each have such a defining and different world view to a point where each character is virtually in a different setting (save for similar large events and defining traits) although in reality they are in the same place.At first the story would mostly revolve around exploring each of the different worlds and how each of the characters see things like the same people or events and areas differently.
The six characters wouldn't interact very much but they would be mentioned throughout each other's worlds to build personality and initial tension between them and the sort.
After this the story becomes mainly about how the six characters affect the worlds of each other such as through changing the ambience of settings,sharing world views, changing the personalities of secondary characters, and exposing truths that the original character refused to include in his/her original world view. This would happen to each of the characters to the point where the different settings would become almost if not completely homologous.
I think this concept could work but it's definitely flawed, do you guys think this could work?
and yeah ideas thread
>>
>>9669021
I get what you're saying, but I think it's too much. I think what's going on is that you've discovered that, at least in many novels, the characters are differentiated by their ontological views of the world, and the epiphany of this basic yet important discovery has made you think the idea more radical and wider than it really should be applied as in practice. But maybe I'm wrong. For my own ideas I'm trying to think of how to do a satire of 1984 but I'm quickly realizing that I'm not nearly intelligent or well read enough, yet.
>>
>>9669021
Make it 3 characters, 6 is too much.
>>
>>9669080
i wanted to 6 six characters because i wanted to show how influence and social status affects the world view of people, 2 of the characters being from the lower classes, 2 from the middle classes, 1 from the higher class, and the other character is how the reader might see the setting if he went there himself as a sort of grounding perspective. 2 per caste might seem redundant but i want to keep an even male to female ratio for the characters to account for gender differences in world view, although that is ambitious. I understand that keeping track of all these different settings will be straining so maybe as a compromise the settings between each member of a caste will have defining similar traits and characters.Im still pretty unsure about where i should go with this or if it's even a good idea, but i appreciate the point
>>9669054
I dont want to say that the idea is innovative or anything but as i developed it i saw that i hadn't really seen anything approach that idea in such a radical fashion, if that's generally because it's a bad idea or something else i guess i'll see, thank you for your comment
as for your idea, im not really "well read" myself
but i think you should define your reason of satirizing 1984, like which aspect of it would you find most important to exaggerate,which part of it the silliest to you and so on.
>>
>>9669200
Be creful, I've fallen into the trap of having too many point of view characters before. If you are adamant about keeping 6 characters make sure you can write them different enough, otherwise they really will seem redundant.
>>
>>9669021
This is basically a fluffed out version of Bros. Karamazov.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.