[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My college books - need opinions and vocabulary difficulty rate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

>Beowulf - shorten version
>Marriage of King Arthur
>The Wedding of Sir Gawain
>Mansfield Park
>Jane Eyre
>Wuthering Heights
>Great Expectations
>Mrs. Dalloway
>The Room 19
>The Scarlet Letter
>Uncle Tom's Cabin
>The Song of Solomon
>Martin Eden
>The Sun also Rises
>For Whom the Bell Tolls
>Utopia - Moore
>A Clockwork Orange
>Brave New World
>The Time Machine
>>
>>9668661
High School level
>>
>>9668672
I don't study English literature or anything like that. These are just suggetions by our professor.

Not sure that they're all on high school level - for example I've read Dickens and the vocabulary is pretty difficult, full with slang and footnotes.
>>
>>9668756
>These are just suggetions by our professor.

So what the fuck is he a professor in?
>>
>>9668661
You might start out hating Great Expectations but give it a chance, its so wonderful.
>>
>>9668661
Jane Eyre - This board hates this book but I thought I was alright. It's not too hard to read.
Wuthering Heights - The format of this book is kind of awkward. It's not told in first person like Jane Eyre was. Shouldn't be too difficult to read.
Great Expectations - Maybe one of Dickens better novels, but I would suggest reading Oliver Twist first if you haven't already.
The Scarlet Letter - This book is almost universally hated.
The Sun also Rises - Don't remember this very well, but Hemingway is supposed to be easy to read.
For Whom the Bell Tolls - Only read half, but what I read was pretty good. It reads like a novel.
A Clockwork Orange - Watch the movie instead.
Brave New World - Famous for its vision of the future, but not that great a book.
>>
>>9668767
English culture and civilization. My major is English translation, and we also have this subject. I mean, they don't give us hard books because most of the students in my country are too lazy, they won't even read these books.

>9668661
I've watched the movie, it's amazing, but I'll still read the book probably. I've read Oliver Twist, pretty tedious.
>>
Literature is a stupid thing to major in. I never understood why anyone did. Just study something that gives you a theoretical background for the humanities in general and then read books later. For fuck's sake, lit majors are idiots. All my smart friends double majored.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.