[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many books at a time do you read /lit/? I used to read only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: friends.jpg (102KB, 740x1140px) Image search: [Google]
friends.jpg
102KB, 740x1140px
How many books at a time do you read /lit/? I used to read only one and was very religious about it. Now I usually do three: one fiction in English, one fiction in Romanian (native) and one nonfiction (any language). My German is 'under construction' so hopefully I will be adding a fourth one.
What about reading in other languages? Do you fancy it, or do you prefer sticking to your native tongue?
>>
>>9668065
One book at a time. Anything else is plebeian
>>
>>9668065
Man I like this picture, feels good seeing them together
>>
I tend to finish 99% of the books I begin, because if I get used to dropping I won't finish anything. Starting few books before you finish them can make you drop very easly. I usually read one book in my native language and one in English. I need long time and effort to finish English so I sometimes read it intermittently with a native.

I don't know any other languages to the level of reading books, sadly. I tend to learn vocabulary by practical usage, like PC, movies and series, but unfortenately nothing catches my eye.
>>
>>9668065

When I was a kid I can remember regularly reading multiple books at a time. At one point I had like four books going at once and I kind of thought about myself "damn..!" But of course this was kid's stuff.

During my 20s I had a long phase of not reading (work) and I felt rather dirty about it. Somewhere around here (on either side of it) I had a phase of just-one-book-at-a-time, but it wasn't productive.

Over the past four years or so I've picked up reading again, and now I'm back into the multiple-books-at-a-time thing. What I've noticed is that when you have more than one going at once, ideas cross-pollenate much more fruitfully and you more rapidly connect the things together, even if at first they appear mostly unrelated.
>>
One novel and maybe a short story collection at the same time. Anything else would be going overboard.
>>
Currently I'm reading a pseudo-social history book, but it's still pretty interesting. I'm, also, starting to learn philosophy, so I'm reading articles about that following the /lit/ philosophy project. I want to add a novel in there, but I'm worried that I might accidentally drop one of my other readings
>>
>>9669192
One fiction another non-fiction. Also, I'll randomly skin through books I've already read to muse on some of the ideas I highlighted during the first read.
>>
>>9668065
2 or 3

Right now I'm reading a novel, a book of poetry, and a philosophy thing
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.