[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 61bahG8xTIL.jpg (65KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
61bahG8xTIL.jpg
65KB, 333x500px
/lit/ Recomend me books like 2666 but actualy good
>>
>>9667906
Try other numbers like 1984
>>
>>9667906
>Recomend me books like 2666
YES
>but actualy good
damn it, fuck you.

What didn't you like about it?

You could try Hopscotch but you might hate that. Has a similar vibe though.
>>
>>9667944
i didnt like the fact that large parts of it felt somewhat rushed although i admired the scope of it .
>>
>>9667954
To be fair, he died with revisions to still be done. You might like Savage Detectives or some of his smaller work though since they're more complete.
>>
>>9667976
I've read savage detectives first as an introduction to Bolano and quite liked it .
>>
>>9668003
He was an excellent writer.. sad that he died fairly young. If you like him, I'd still recommend Hopscotch though it's going to be more experimental in scope. Still has that feeling of dread that Bolano's work has.

Any of Cortazar is great desu, and I would put Casares and Fuentes up there too with the similar tone if not similar writing style.
>>
>>9667906
Against the Day is similar on scope and much better, in my opinion.
>>
>>9668034
I have never read Fuentes what book would you recomend as his best?
>>
>>9668037
lot less dead women tho
>>
>>9668057
Not him but I enjoyed The death of Artemio Cruz
>>
>>9668079
>>9668057
Artemio Cruz is his most well known. They're all good though.

He has a really cool little novella, Aura, which is written in the second person, present tense, and you can usually find a copy that is English on one page and Spanish on the other. It was my first book to read entirely in a foreign language.
>>
>>9668104
cool thanks
>>
>>9668137
Np.

There's also always Borges, ofc, but you've probably read him. Also House of Leaves is entertaining and similar but not quite on the same level. I think /lit/ probably hates that book though. Not sure, I've only been on here for like a week.
>>
>>9668137
>>9668104
By the way, if you're OP and you want similar works to those of Bolaño, I think Sabato comes closer than Fuentes. Also, Cortazar has been reccomended as well, but he was a huge influence on Bolaño.
>>
>>9668175
Not OP. I've never read any Sabato, anything you'd recommend?
>>
>>9668187
He only has three novels, and each one builds upon the previous, so in this case the only way to read him is start chronologically.
First read The Tunnel, then On Heroes and Tombs
and finally Abbadon. But be aware that the first novel isn't as big in scope as the two others.
>>
>>9668217
Ahhhh On Heroes and Tombs. I knew I had heard that name somewhere and I recognize that book title.

I'll def check him out. Thanks anon.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.