[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

has anybody on /lit/ read the inheritance cycle by christopher

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0087.jpg (37KB, 220x304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0087.jpg
37KB, 220x304px
has anybody on /lit/ read the inheritance cycle by christopher paolini and if so what do you think of it
>>
>>9667842
As far as a fantasy read goes, I enjoyed it.
While I wouldn't say it's particularly exceptional, I enjoyed the magic, as it obeyed thermodynamics. Again, it isn't exceptional, but I read it twice.
>>
I'm in the middle of it now, and I find that I'm really connecting with some of the characters, particularly Arya for obvious reasons lol although what grips me most about the series is the complexity and intricacy of the ancient language, it makes it somewhat real to me that you can actually learn to manipulate the language outside of set phrases. But as you say, the magic in it isn't just fairy shit, it's almost science, and I think the land, the people within it are so well developed.
It isn't written particularly well, but as a concept it's very artistic to me
>>
Had this kid in my class who read Eragon more than once and you know what? We bullied him for it
>>
absolute trash
>>
>>9667842
i read the first 3 books as a teenager, when the last one came out i had grown out of it. i enjoyed the series at the time but if you want me to judge its literary value, which i assume you do since you posted this on /lit/, it is definitely complete trash. ideas, tropes and plot points are stolen from all over the place, it's a typical YA fantasy novel. pure escapism and nothing original about it.

>>9667989
>what grips me most about the series is the complexity and intricacy of the ancient language
wtf the language is literally a few made up words here and there without any system or grammar with one page of retard phonetic spelling to explain the pronunciation in the back. it isn't complex and intricate at all, it's not even a full language
>>
>>9667989
>connecting with a literal autist
Not surprised
>>
I read it when I was younger (27 now).

It's not good.... I mean, there's worse things out there for a kid to read but fuck man Paolini is such a fucking hack. It's nothing but tired tropes, and HALF THE FUCKING LAST BOOK is boring epilogue!

I'll give some credit in that I found the magic kinda neat and Galbatorix's goal searching for the true name of magic energy itself, allowing him to control all magic but that's about it.

also, wtf was up with the rebels finding an ultra-special dragon-killing spear, a true chekov's gun, in some random village armory? that was some bullshit
>>
>>9667842
I know there's some meme about how you can compare anything to Star Wars but this series is practically 1:1 for the movies, and then Inheritance is just bullshit tying up loose ends. It's honestly kind of pathetic, really not worth anyone's time.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.