[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crime and Punishment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Finally decided on a translation, just picked up a copy. What am I to expect? Not familiar with Russian lit at all
>>
Just read it without expectations and see how you like it, fagola
>>
>>9667040
Thanks for the insight friendo!
>>
>>9667026
>PV & LV
You picked wrong moron. One of the worst translations out there
>>
>>9667048
How helpful, which translation would you recommend instead? See, now that information would be significantly more helpful helpful.
>>
>>9667048
please provide an argument or shut up. Its widely comsidered the best so Anon from 4chan needs to make a compelling argument or please, please, please just shut up.
>>
>>9667070

You didn't make an argument either dumbass.

>It's widely considered the best

Not an argument

The problem with translation warz is that no one knows what the fuck they are talking about. All it comes down to is "I read such and such translation and I liked it"
>>
>Wordsworth
>Dover
>Constance Garnett
>>
>>9667087
You're the one making it "warz" by shitting on a translation without providing an argument for your reasoning, or by posting your personal preference, while at the same time acknowledging that no one knows what they're talking about, and then proceeding to call an internet stranger a moron. Moron.
>>
>>9667113
*not posting
>>
>>9667113

You seem to be quite stupid so let me spell it out for you.
I'm not the same guy to whom you originally responded.
>>
>>9667120
And you still don't seem to be providing any constructive content for the thread, you're being counterproductive. Which translation did you read? How did you enjoy it?
>>
>>9667026
What are you to expect? Emotional trauma.
>>
You can't go wrong with dosto. Forget about translations, read the thing, see what you like about it and if you turn into a massive dostofag you check other translations
>>
I did read the PV/LV and i thought it was fine.
i've had a discussion about it with others who read others translations and it seemed to align well.

I do have to mention tho: there's an excessive repetition of names.
>>
>>9667026
I'm about to start rereading this. I read it my senior year of high school for a class and it was the first book that I felt like I really connected with. I have this translation and I remember liking it.
>>
>>9667150
I too read PV/LV and I had read Constance Garnett version of Karamazov and The Idiot. Both are fine. Garnett makes brings this feeling of living in the Victorian era though. Both are good.
>>
Expect to never finish it and instead spend your entire day on /lit/
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.