/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Becoming an Intellectual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: dankmeme.jpg (20KB, 489x469px) Image search: [Google]
dankmeme.jpg
20KB, 489x469px
I have noticed how pointless my life is and how unintelligent I am as a person. I seek to fix this and make myself a person of value. I often distracted by social media, video games, and lowly thoughts.

During this summer, I intend to read a few textbooks and as many novels as possible, almost as if it were a job. I have never undertook a challenge comparable to this one, as I'm not a good time manager. I intend to change myself as a person, even though I'm not the biggest fan of reading.

I will be doing other things as well, but:

have any of you guys done this?
how was it?
any advice?
What effect does reading all day have on an individual?
If I want to play video games, how much time should I give myself in comparison to the amount of time that I spend reading?
list possible books?
>>
If you would just lurk for one fucking day before posting, you'd realize we have this thread every day you brainlet POS
saged and hidden ffs
>>
>>9665721
I have never seen a thread like this.
>>
>>9665715
What makes you think we are intelligent or valuable?
>>
>>9665768
Well, do you know a forum where I could better post this content? I have usually assumed book worms to be intellectual.
>>
>>9665774
try REddit r/books, the perfect place for bookworm nerds such as ourselves
>>
The best advice I can give you is that thirty years from now you will either be someone with an interrelated and holistic personality that flows in and out of the cultural and philosophical streams you've experienced, or you'll be a guy who consumes stock experiences through the monthly video game release or who is watching the twentieth remake of the same fucking blockbuster movie they release every year.

The practicalities of how exactly to read things or stay motivated aren't nearly as important as deciding what your goal is. I can tell you that once you hit a certain threshold of culture and learnedness, it all connects together and reflects on itself. You become a unique individual, and every time you read something new, you read it "with" all the other stuff you've read up until that point, and all that stuff informs what you're reading, and vice versa.

The average joe these days just re-consumes the same experience over and over again with slightly different wrapping paper. When you're 40, you can either be doing that, doing essentially the exact same thing that you were doing today, or you can be a work in progress that is reaching new and exciting milestones and opening up new and exciting vistas every day.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.