[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting back into reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2902.jpg (154KB, 632x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2902.jpg
154KB, 632x960px
I used to like shit like this when I was a kid, but it's a bit below my reading level now.
What read?
>>
Start with the Greeks.
>>
>>9663700
Honestly, if youre just getting back into reading, /lit/ probably isnt the place

Because right now, what's important for you is to just get back into the flow of reading. Start doing it casually again, start enjoying it again, and eventually reach the point where a book can hold your attention

maybe reddit can help you more than /lit/

eventually youll reach the point where you read the things /lit/ recommends, but right now its probably a bad idea. if youre just starting reading again, you should read for pure entertainment. and /lit/ tends to prefer challenging works over works that offer easy entertainment. joyce made me feel retarded the first time i tried to read any of his works
>>
>>9663714
I meant what should I read you fruit.
>>
>>9663719
you could try reading my post, where i explain that reddit will give you better recommendations than /lit/
>>
>>9663727
Reddit will suggest YA crap and fantasy series. Just check the sticky.
>>
>>9663749
I recommend Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

I liked it and I think someone getting back into reading could still be entertained by it
>>
>>9663700
Entry level books that got me interested in literature were things like 1984, Brave New World, Cat's Cradle, and The Great Gatsby.
They're failry simple books but written very well and offer themes that are a bit more serious than "lol we have to kill the dragon to save the world" and might get you curious as to what more literature may have to offer.

I think there's an infographic in the sticky you should read. Also, browse /lit/, remember names of books that people are talking about and remember what they say about them. There are a lot of retards here, but also a lot of people who know their shit.
>>
File: 1490395154009.jpg (181KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1490395154009.jpg
181KB, 1440x900px
>>9663749
Given the image you gave us to start with, that should basically be your taste.

But if you want some good starters, I'd pick up Finnegans Wake, Gravity's Rainbow, and Artemis Fowl: The Opal Compass
>>
>>9663785
It's The Opal Deception, not compass, you fucking retard.
>>
>>9663813
Clearly
>>
>>9663705
fpbp
>>
>>9663714

There are plenty of classics that the average reader can easily pick up and enjoy. Steinbeck comes to mind.
>>
Gates of Fire by Steven Pressfield might be up your alley.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.