[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when will people realize that he was right about everything?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

when will people realize that he was right about everything?
>>
>>9663661
Whenever people can understand his convoluted, pretentious superficial writing style. He is definitely right about everything, but fuck me if I can soak in more than one chapter a day from his books.

He is my toilet material. Everytime I take a dump I read a few pages and think about it for the rest of the day. There are definitely times when he uses exuberant prose to convey a simple idea that is already in the average readers mind.

If there was a quality source of paraphrased information out there I would pick that up instead. Like you said, he was a genius in every sense of the word, but he had issues that his own philosophy glaringly distinguishes.
>>
>>9663661
They won't. Nietzsche isn't even original, most of his ideas were banal commonplaces during the 19th century. Great Man theory (ie the Übermensch) he learned from Emerson. His strein of melodramatic Romanticism comes from Byron. The "Death of God" was probably the most widely discussed intellectual talking point of his era, everybody and their mother was talking about it. He also has a bad habit of self-dramatization and self-pity; like most "Great Man" theorists, he more interested in making sure his readers knew that he was "great" than actually engaging in honest intellectual inquiry.

He only seems original because liberalism has such influence in modern society.
>>
>>9663763
Who exposed the triumph of the mind virus of slave morality before him?
>>
File: 230987531436.jpg (30KB, 1081x811px) Image search: [Google]
230987531436.jpg
30KB, 1081x811px
I'm Righter.
>>
You seem to have mistakenly posted Nietzsche instead of Plato.
>>
>>9664629
nigga u dumb
>>
>>9663763
>They won't. Nietzsche isn't even original
Exactly this. Came across everything he thought more succinctly stated in Oliver Wendell Holmes' letters to William James. Most of his observations were actually somewhat late.

Although, he probably learned the great man theory from Carlyle. I think his reaction to it was what Emerson influenced.
>>
>>9664472
>Who exposed the triumph of the mind virus of slave morality before him?
Johnson, Holmes, Emerson, maybe even Dickens. We ascribe many of these commonplaces to him merely because he was the first to think them worth labeling.
>>
>>9664705
forgot to add: la rochefoucauld, fontenelle, milton
>>
>>9664677
>t. brainlet
>>
File: 1492830033501.jpg (70KB, 500x457px) Image search: [Google]
1492830033501.jpg
70KB, 500x457px
>>9664705
Wow, you are such a full of shit pseud it's hilarious.
>>
>>9665070
Sorry I blasphemed your God Nietzsche
>>
>>9665093
Ok, provide one citation from one of those authors that presents an idea that can be reasonably interpreted as a theory of slave morality as Nietzsche posited, and you're not a complete fucking retard.
>>
>>9665272
>theory of slave morality
lol, as if a few moth eaten generalizations constitute an actual "theory"

Here's something from Emerson
> If an angry bigot assumes this bountiful cause of Abolition, and comes to me with his last news from Barbadoes, why should I not say to him, 'Go love thy infant; love thy wood-chopper: be good-natured and modest: have that grace; and never varnish your hard, uncharitable ambition with this incredible tenderness for black folk a thousand miles off. Thy love afar is spite at home.'
>>
>>9663661
When they realize his quest towards the Übermensch is the internalized version of Hegel's Master-Slave dialectic, and the Geist'a journey to essential self-consciousness and Absolute Knowing
>>
>>9665324
Wow, you've never even read Nietzsche. Great job.
>>
>>9663661
>when will people
how supreme of you, i am sure someone from the elite like yourself can work it out.
>>
>>9665428
>needs a dead kraut to tell him that the strong do what they will and the weak do what they must along with a bunch of easy generalizations
Lel
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.