[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else planning on becoming independently wealthy so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: O_49.png (57KB, 386x285px) Image search: [Google]
O_49.png
57KB, 386x285px
Is anyone else planning on becoming independently wealthy so that they can retire young and write for the rest of their lives? For a long time I was in denial. Unless you are going the ascetic route, a noble route to be sure, you need to be rich. It sucks but it's the way things are.
>>
>>9662688
>Higher variance increases fluctuation
Bravo anon, you've made your fortune with that plot
>>
>>9662706
>>9662771
Suckas
>>
yes i tried this and now i'm an independently poor poorfag
>>
>>9662817
Because you can't write interesting stories.
>>
>>9662979
this is objectively true
>>
>>9662688
You don't need to be wealthy. I'm going to retire in a few years at the age of 35. All you need is an okay paying job, the ability to save most of your earnings and a plan to buy a house in the middle of nowhere where they are super cheap.
>>
>>9662688
I'm not sure how little you see of how obvious it really is that being rich while young would be bliss. It's fucking ob vi ous. The question most people can't put together is how to get there.
>>
>>9662688
Just get a job as a professor and get paid to write
>>
>>9662688
Planning on cashing out crypto in a few years and retiring to booklined Hermitage in some sparsely populated corner of Canada. But I'm worried this is a fast track to a life snuffing mediocrity..
>>
>>9663108
Pretty sure this is how DFW ended up killing himself
>>
>>9662688
Why don't you plan on becoming rich by inheriting a lot of money?
>>
File: 26SEGELJP2-master315.jpg (30KB, 315x315px) Image search: [Google]
26SEGELJP2-master315.jpg
30KB, 315x315px
>>9663184
>Implying it's not a comfy way to spiral towards ones last breath
>>
>>9663184
DFW also had crippling depression, that is sort of an important factor to consider.
>>
>>9663123
>Just spend ten years of your life engaging in extremely hard work, putting yourself hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt so you can become a professor, earn fuck all money and be overworked so much that you don't get to write much
Sure does sound like a good life.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.