[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck does literature goes from a nobility thing to a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: my nigga.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
my nigga.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
How the fuck does literature goes from a nobility thing to a psychiatry thing? Why did we had so many writers experiencing madness and different types of obssession in the last century? Is the aliance madness-literature dead by now? I mean, now is just about finding a good publisher and that's it.
>>
>>9660482

People prefer reading things that at least somewhat apply to their lives, or have relevance to the time they're living and the experiences therein.

The last century has been pretty shit in most parts of the world, some more so than others, so there's been plenty of shit to write about, coming from people with mainly shit attitudes brought about by the shittiness of the world they've lived in.
>>
>>9660482
>personal demons
>current year

just be a hipster
>>
>>9660482

It hasn't. "Madness" and other obsessions just make for a more dramatic story. The real thing that's happening is that literature with a more dramatic backstory gets promoted more by the masses, who have become increasingly literate and educated over the course of the 20th century.

It used to be that the leisure and scholarly and religious classes were the primary audiences for literature. Now literature is a commodity for mass consumption. (I mean literature as distinct from genre stories. People want to feel smart without having the refined faculties and leisure for the consumption of genuinely challenging and intellectual literature, like, say, Milton.)

The quiet and contemplative or difficult strain of literature persists, it's just fallen considerably into the background. Look at how John Williams was neglected. Look at how the high modernists and postmodernists have been received versus The Joy Luck Club and that kind of garbage.
>>
>>9660523
>The real thing that's happening is that literature with a more dramatic backstory gets promoted more by the masses

Lmao sure thing, anon. I see guys like Artaud being read everywhere I go.
>>
>>9660579

Of course he isn't, Artaud's literature is designed to specifically frustrate readers.
>>
>>9660606
>specifically frustrate readers
How so?
>>
>>9660523
>Look at how John Williams was neglected.
He won a National Book Award, published with a major firm, and has virtually never received a bad review. He was not "neglected"
>>
>>9660637
Anon is retard. Nevermind him.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.