[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he believes in subjectivity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 11

File: aa_page_image_id82.jpg (27KB, 319x480px) Image search: [Google]
aa_page_image_id82.jpg
27KB, 319x480px
>he believes in subjectivity
>>
>>9660389
>listening to anything Poo G. Krishnamurti has to say
>ever
>>
>>9660389
I'm an Aristotelian.
>>
>mfw being deluded to such a level
>>
>>9660394

can you refute this?
>>
File: ug045.jpg (21KB, 353x480px) Image search: [Google]
ug045.jpg
21KB, 353x480px
>>9660398

tell me something about the immortal body. go ahead ill wait
>>
>>9660407
Nature isn't interested in anything because nature doesn't exist, it's just a sum of lifeforms dimwit.
>>
>>9660407
Nah. That's fine. Here's where it gets annoying:

>Stop listening to me
>Stop stopping listening to me
>Stop stopping stopping listening to me
>Stop stopping stopping stopping listening to me
>Dude lmao

He really is an anti-teacher. Why would I bother with him? As for the self being an illusion, well I agree with Philip K Dick. "Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it." What are we to call "the illusion of a self"? How about we call it "the self"?
>>
>>9660407
not him but, the cultural input is what saves the man from that boredom by distracting him. if he realizes the way things are he might simply just drop life and go against natures interest.

of course, the questions arise when the cultural input becomes boring itself. but that is just the failure of the particular culture. a real culture organizes the whole life of the individual so he has always to work on, at every stage of his life.

>>9660414
the immortal body is a nonsensical notion created by materialists to have an easy win. not thinking in terms of a mortal body doesnt mean affirming its opposite. when you realize there is no difference between your so called body and a tree or a leave all those notions merge into one single movement that is not mortal nor immortal. it is just there.
>>
File: ug_on_fear.jpg (85KB, 796x307px) Image search: [Google]
ug_on_fear.jpg
85KB, 796x307px
>>9660428

because ug understood that people who listened to him were trying to get something out of him. they even tried to make a foundation out of him. he was not actually teaching anything either. just destroying your belief system

>he still believes in self
>>
protip: dont pay attention to what he says but to how he says it.

he was just babbling the same three phrases over and over to have a personal, not an intellectual, influence on his audience.

that is what shamans do, they put together a performance to pass on into peoples minds a certain structure that will keep them running society. this guy realized that and decided to use it in the other sense, persuading people to drop their learned habits and to let their minds create something unique. and this not by saying so but by living so.

also, he just rediscovered the ancient indian materialist philosophy, carvaka lokayata, his own way. which is the only way such philosophy can be realized.
>>
File: ug109.jpg (88KB, 996x472px) Image search: [Google]
ug109.jpg
88KB, 996x472px
>>9660432

>the cultural input is what saves the man

nope its the source of mans misery. do you see animals being miserable? no. they just fuction naturally with nature because they have no self awareness hence no cultural bullshit
>merge into one single movement

muh none dualistic thinking

nigga plz
>>
>>9660455
As I said, it doesn't matter whether I believe in "the self" or not. It isn't going to go away any time soon.

U.G. has nothing to teach, yes, and his "destruction of belief systems" accomplishes squat. If my self is fear, then it still exists.

If U.G. was right, he'd be the guy from Plato's cave story. He can't help us. So why bother with him?
>>
>>9660494
he taught you well
>>
>>9660487
they are not miserable because they cant be, they have no means or being so. but man can. he has a mind that is innate to his condition. taken to its logical conclusion your or ugs arguments lead to accept misery as the natural functioning of man or simply taking the tangent and saying that the mind is evil. you can say it but you sill still get your mind giving you all the input. a true philosophy would not negate what man is, nor simply accept it, but lead it somewhere.

life is a single movement. this is not a philosophical statement in the midst of a school debate. it is something one realizes by simply paying attention to nature and letting ones mind get in tune with it.
>>
>>9660513
no means to be so*
>>
File: 144653402_b8852771f4_o.jpg (23KB, 284x400px) Image search: [Google]
144653402_b8852771f4_o.jpg
23KB, 284x400px
>>9660471

go to bed mahesh. you continue to misunderstand ug after all this time. he was just an ordinary man. stop making him into a guru figure
>>
>>9660508
I guess.
>>
anybody else go to this phase of alan watts > mckenna > jg > ug > buddhism > atheism > christianity > agnostic > derrida > nietzsche > hegel
or just me?
>>
>>9660529
Mega brainlet reporting in, you're gonna have to tell me who "mckenna" and "jg" are
>>
>>9660535
terence mckenna and Jiddu Krishnamurti
>>
File: UG Krishnamurti (1).jpg (18KB, 324x480px) Image search: [Google]
UG Krishnamurti (1).jpg
18KB, 324x480px
>>9660494

theres no hope for you. nobody can help you
>>
>>9660521
see >>9660471

he was actually what a real guru is supposed to be, not like all those charlatans that he criticized do much.

>>9660529
watts lol
>>
>>9660545
But here I thought UG was never going to "help me" in the first place, bud
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 98x198px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 98x198px
>>9660553

i know its you mahesh
>>
>>9660559

he wont i agreed with you. and added nobody will.
>>
File: 1497934002666.jpg (189KB, 1291x590px) Image search: [Google]
1497934002666.jpg
189KB, 1291x590px
Well yeah, but what can you do with all he says. If I want to learn how nature works I can just go look at my dog or something.
>>
>>9660620
This is a good meme
>>
>>9660568
Hooray
>>
i only believe in what my husband tells me
>>
>>9660389
Wrong Krishnamurti, pleb. Jiddu is the one worth paying attention to, not this quack.
>>
>>9660389
>he believes in objectivity
>>
>>9661253
Finally somebody said it:
/thread
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.