[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the creation of film/television the biggest mistake ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: man-watching-television.jpg (155KB, 890x593px) Image search: [Google]
man-watching-television.jpg
155KB, 890x593px
In the past if you wanted to learn something:

>Read a book
>Study an old manuscript
>Read newspapers with long text, debates and feuds between peoples
>Go to a local discussion or committee
>Talk politics in the pub with locals and learn what is going on in your community
>Join a club
>Meet new people at school/university becoming life-long friends and develop together
>Write a journal and keep a track of your life

Nowadays:

>Sit at home watching shit TV and propaganda all day stuffing your fat face
>Images and footage cut in a particular way and removed of all context and history to give you a particular idea
>Propaganda news owned by big CEO's that can assert any agenda without opposition to make themselves richer
>Watch a shit documentary that can be summarised in a 5 minute Wikipedia article
>Podcasts take literally 2 hours to explain what a book could explain in 10 minutes with more fluidity and precision
>Societal depression arises out of bad news on tv
>One must be aware at all times of what is going on on TV/pop culture in order to fit in without learning anything new by meeting new people
>>
Have you read Neil Postman?
>>
>>9660066
>was the creation of film/television the biggest mistake ever to happen?
You're forgetting yourself, OP.
>>
>>9660066
Printing press was more destructive than TV desu
>>
>>9660066

Most people just used to spent their free time having fun with friends/family, remember that literacy is common since 19th century.
>>
>>9660097
>Printing press was more destructive than TV desu

Eh, this seems to be going down the route of "all technology is bad" but I don't see how the printing press could be a bad thing if literacy rates rise as a result of it.

Greater literacy means more problem solving. I don't see how greater TV equates to more problem solving.
>>
>>9660090
No but thanks for the recommendation, going to read his books now.
>>
>>9660097

Not true. Actually reading things requires attention and concentration, plus internal consideration of whatever it is you're reading in order to gather a full understanding of it. Watching TV requires none of the above, and this fact is not only known to corporate heads, but has been utilized as a means of brainwashing and keeping the masses stupid in order to push and fulfill agenda. If you aren't aware of or refuse to acknowledge this, there is something wrong with you.
>>
> he forgot families religiously tuning in and sitting around the radio and listening to Orson Wells
>>
>>9660066
You know you can still do all that right?
>>
>>9661734
shhhhhh... let him live in his dystopian fantasy
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.