[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New World Translation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: New World Translation.jpg (348KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
New World Translation.jpg
348KB, 1200x1200px
New World Translation is the best translation. DEBATE ME.
>>
why?
>>
>>9659653
It's readable, and has objectively better prose.
>>
It really isn't a bad translation outside of using Jehovah in the New Testament.
>>
>>9659788
Nice dubs but you still don't have any arguments

You're the one with the claim, you're the one supposed to bring evidence and/or arguments in your favor. Empty statements like "it's better lol" are... Empty.

So why is this better than KJV?
>>
>>9659346

>not Douay-Rheims
sad.
>>
>>9659826
acceptable choice

Young's Literal Translation is pretty nice too
>>
>>9659796
I find that the KJV is "prettier" in it's delivery, however, that sort of vanity is contrary to God's will. The NWT has a simpler and more humble way of putting God's message, thus, making it more authentic.
>>
>>9659346

The NWT is specifically a project of the Jehovah's Witnesses and, as such, reflects the biases and errors of that organization.
The most egregious of those errors, of course, is its denial of the divinity of Jesus and of the Trinity
>>
>>9659346
As someone that was raised as a Jehovah's Witness, this can't possibly be true.

It is the only translation I've read from cover to cover though. The only real reason anyone could give for it being better than any other translation is that it's basically done in simplified English.
>>
>>9659346
You mean the Bible that changes words and comma placement just to fit the doctrine.
>>
>>9659845
>changes wording to support unitarianism
>translates several words as "Jehovah" where it's nonsensical to do so
Haha, no

There's a dozen other translations that are nice to read without the Jehovah's Witness bias.
>>
>>9659826
Douay Rheims is shit.
>King Saul was a giant infant the whole time!
>Moses grew horns!
>Mark 1:2 "as it is written in Isais the Prophet [quotes Malachi]"
It's a bad translation. The KJV is the best.
>>
>>9659871
The KJB is specifically a project of the Protestants and, as such, reflects the biases and errors of that organization. The most egregious of those errors corrected by JWs is the proper denial of the divinity of Jesus and of the Trinity.
>>
I prefer NABRE because it's my neighbor.
>>
>>9659845
>These are the people that you share a board with
Stop trying to indoctrinate people on /lit/ with your Jehovah's Witness nonsense. The KJV isn't "prettier," it's sublime. And that sublimity reflects the word of God. It's not vanity, and to say so is being very ignorant.
>>
>>9660315

See also the Councils of Nicea and Constantinople in the Fourth Century, along with literally every single other translation of note
>>
>>9659346

ἐγὼ kαὶ ὁ πατὴρ ἕν ἐσμεν (I and the Father are one)
--Jn 10:30

What does the NWT (and the Jehovah's Witnesses for that matter) do with that passage? It's hard to see how one can subordinate Jesus to the Father, especially since the Jews wanted to stone him for saying this
>>
>>9660315
To be fair, JW is a cult.
>>
>>9662012

Seven failed end-of-the-world prophecies and counting
>>
If you're not reading Revised King James I don't know what you're even doing on /lit/
>>
File: Da_jesus_book.jpg (12KB, 195x300px) Image search: [Google]
Da_jesus_book.jpg
12KB, 195x300px
>>9659346
WRONG

>God wen get so plenny love an aloha fo da peopo inside da world, dat he wen send me, his one an ony Boy, so dat everybody dat trus me no get cut off from God, but get da real kine life dat stay to da max foeva.17You know, God neva send me, his Boy, inside da world fo punish da peopo. He wen send me fo take da peopo outa da bad kine stuff dey doing.18Whoeva stay trus me, God no goin punish dem. But whoeva no trus me, garans God goin punish dem, cuz dey neva trus me, God's ony Boy
>>
>>9660315
Are you retarded? I hope you seriously believe that.
>>
>>9659346
>DEBATE ME

Whither OP?
>>
>>9662559
To the OP's credit, it is a pretty good version. I would say it's about on par with KJV.
>>
NRSV = da best!!
>>
>>9660315
Anglicans are barely Protestants
>>
>>9662271
It's called tests and trials for the faithfuls.
>>
>>9659346
Well, I disagree.

Debate over.
>>
>>9663147
This is true.

I went to Church of England Schools and its closer to Catholicism than what people in the US or Europe think of as Protestantism.
>>
>>9662963
Oh youre baiting. Ok.
>>
File: bibles.png (71KB, 1570x1016px) Image search: [Google]
bibles.png
71KB, 1570x1016px
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.