[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pastos in the Present Day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

Anyone know any decently written books about people from the past (either ancient or modern) who time travel to present day and have to adjust to the modern world?

I love this premise, I just don't know any good books about it. I enjoyed a YA book as a kid about a girl who had unknowingly been part of a twisted mid 19th century "Little House on the Prairie" style historical reenactment for wealthy tourists her whole life, then escaped from the farm and encountered modern day America.

It can feature a historical figure or an average Joe, both would be interesting to me.

I want a book where someone smart sat down, did some research, and wrote an entertaining and semi-plausible story about what would happen if Plato or a Roman soldier or Isaac Newton or JFK or a Mayan priest came to 2017.

Kind of like the reversal of what happens in Midnight in Paris, only I want this story to not be horribly boring, basic, and surface level.
>>
File: IMG_6503.jpg (165KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6503.jpg
165KB, 600x800px
I't's a movie, but it fits your description. Never read any books with such a premise. Maybe The Time Machine (Wells)?
>>
>>9659044
Nah, more like something that takes place after the proliferation of the internet and personal computing. I want pages of people being awestruck, frightened, confused, and paranoid.

I want it to be more about what happens AFTER the pastos travel to present day, so it can treat the premise somewhat seriously. Like, it doesn't matter how the Lumiere Brothers got to 2017, what matters is that they're watching The Fast and the Furious movie on the big screen with Dolby surround sound. Just have a simple explanation for how it happened or be purposely vague. then seriously explore what would really happen in such a situation.
>>
>>9659102
>after the proliferation of the internet and personal computing
There aren't many stories about this era yet at all. Not where it matters.
There's a Shamalama Dingdong movie with that sort of thing happening as the tweest but it's not really what you're after.
>>
>>9658883
There's a book called "Look who's back" by Timur Vermes about Hitler appearing in the present day his last memory being in the bunker before he died. Not Plato or a Roman soldier but it seemed to be well researched and is written as a comedy (people end up assuming he's a method acting comedian and he goes along with it as it's the best way to increase his influence). I really enjoyed it.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.