[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on The Man Who Was Thursday?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: tmwwt.png (72KB, 3046x392px) Image search: [Google]
tmwwt.png
72KB, 3046x392px
What are your thoughts on The Man Who Was Thursday?
>>
Twist ending got me. i never would have expected him to be Wednesday
>>
>>9659202
The Man Who Was Thursday: Origins
>directed by brian singer

i heard it will be a trilogy
>>
I thought early on that all the detectives would be representative of creation (at least in name, I didn't really see much symbolism during the novel) and that Sunday would be God - but I can't believe I was right. And it was done in such a surreal manner.
Even though I predicted it, I didn't know what was going on.
>>
almost a decade since I read this but I remember he said he was Pan at one point which also means everything (aka god), but Pan is just a woodland trickster god
>>
>>9658848
Haven't read any bible except genesis, the gospels, and the book of job, so I feel like I'm missing out on at least a few references.

I picked up on the creation gimmick like >>9659916 here but never understood the implications. If >>9659924's quote is the key, then the whole story is basically
>anarchy is just a prank, bro
but I feel like Chesterton would treat his interlocutors with more nuance.

On a completely different note, the debate that begins the book was really odd. I understand why the anarchist would relate the tree to nature, but nature is hardly anarchistic. Did they know about cell biology back then? Individual living components acting as building blocks seems like the perfect metaphor for a sort of authoritarianism.

Overall, fun & engaging, lots of good bantz, will reread at some point. One of my favorite detective novels.

Anyone here read the Father Brown stories? How were they?
>>
>>9658848
What does the pic mean? In what way was Satan (Gregory) serving God?
>>
>>9660067
>Chesterton would treat his interlocutors with more nuance.
I think that's where you're wrong
>>
>>9658848
Sehr gut
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.