[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GRE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 511lyqKjrZL._SL500_SR124,160_.jpg (7KB, 124x160px) Image search: [Google]
511lyqKjrZL._SL500_SR124,160_.jpg
7KB, 124x160px
i want to take the gre and probably apply for an mba - not taking the gmat because im not 100% that's what i want to do.

anyways, anyone taken this thing and have some good books to help prep?
>>
Depends on your weaknesses desu. Magoosh's online prep was solid for quant stuff. Don't blow your load on the practice tests too soon since those are helpful. Unironically I think most people here could score in the 90th percentile without much verbal prep.
>>
>>9658639
someone told me to buy the est books, then get a random magoosh book to get access to their online stuff

yeah, the vocab part of the verbal is part of the reason im going gre. my quant is stellar, but i think id have trouble getting a hang of the data insufficiency Qs on gmat

howd you do on the test? where your percentiles in line with sat?
>>
>>9658649
not him, but i tried out the ets and manhattanprep practice exams and scored in the 90th/60th percentiles while my sats were in the 99/th/50th percentiles

>t. dyscalculic brainlet
>>
>>9658631
5 pound book is plenty good. It is GIANT
>>
>>9658649
I scored 98th for verbal and 85th for quant but somehow got rekt on the writing (5.0). I did much better than my SAT because I had my shit together when I got older. I think the toughest part of the test was the fatigue. Most practice tests give you 2 writing, 2 quant and 2 verbal. The actual test throws an extra quant or verbal at you which can be draining. Most of my studying (probably 90%) was for the quant so I can't give any specifics on how to approach verbal prep.
5 lb book is solid and I had only one ETS book. Your plan sounds good. I scored better on the actual tests than any of the practice ones.
>>
>>9658631
>>9658639
I second Magoosh. I used it for the GMAT and got a 700. They have videos on every subject and tons of practice questions and I think I only paid 100 bucks.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.