[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the youngest authors (non-YA or Non Fiction) to have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

What are the youngest authors (non-YA or Non Fiction) to have been published?

It seems like the actual writing of literature is more of a middle aged person thing. I recall Stephen King saying, about the writing of the Dark Tower series, that he wasn't ready yet when he was first inspired by The Good The Bad and the Ugly to write the actual story. He thought himself too young and inexperienced to be able to adequately put down in writing his vision at that point, I think he was like 22 or something.
>>
>>9658469
Depends on your definition of literature. But I recall Iain Banks' Wasp Factory was written when he was quite young (like 19)
Also, is pic related the Good Doctor?
>>
>>9658486
my bad, he was middle-aged when that happened
>>
Emily Bronte wrote Wuthering Heights when she was 19.

Dickens was published at 24.

Tolstoy wrote War and Peace in his early 30's.
>>
Dubliners, Joyce was early 20's

kazuo Ishiguro keeps a piece of paper over his desk with the ages of the authors of the great novels (like Tolstoy 30) as a reminded of the urgency of writing. He think genius is a youthful quality and you lose it big time with age.
>>
>>9658469
Christopher Paolini
>>
File: hunter thompson pepe.png (47KB, 318x317px) Image search: [Google]
hunter thompson pepe.png
47KB, 318x317px
>>9658486
>Also, is pic related the Good Doctor?
>>
>>9658519
>non-YA
please
>>
>>9658505
Joyce was writing portrait of the artist, stephen hero, and dubliners, as well as nonfiction essays from his late teens through his early twenties.

I've heard you need to get your foot in the door by 25. I think that was when Pynchon published V.
>>
Frankenstein was written by a 18yo girl.
>>
>>9658469
SE Hinton wrote The Outsiders at age fucking 15
>>
File: 1427165544559.jpg (7KB, 167x144px) Image search: [Google]
1427165544559.jpg
7KB, 167x144px
>>9658505
Welp, urgency didn't do much good to Ishiguro's work.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.