[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Books on group manipulation through media/symbols?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Edward-Bernays.jpg (14KB, 412x346px) Image search: [Google]
Edward-Bernays.jpg
14KB, 412x346px
I've read Le Bon, Bernays, and Debord. What are some other works that discuss how people can be influenced by media and how the mind is influenced by public opinion/pressure? Is manufacturing consent by Chomsky worth reading or does it just regurgitate Bernays but less enthusiastically? Books on how advertising influences people are also welcome.
>>
>>9658123
Man and His Symbols argues that this will fall flat on it's face and that symbols must resonate from within to actually hold sway. Otherwise the unconsious will be against them.
>>
Sorel's Reflections on Violence too desu.
>>
>>9658139
This. Manipulation is a parasite on psychological substructures. You can only go that far with simulacrums.
>>
>>9658123
Canetti's Crowds and Power; Reich's Mass Psychology of Fascism. maybe of interest
>>
Jacques Ellul
>>
>>9658123
Not literature but try your best to learn about modern marketing. Look at the presentations by Cambridge Analytica on their work with the Cruz campaign.
>>
baudrillard
>>
>>9659065
you mean Baudelaire desu

http://www.poesie-francaise.fr/charles-baudelaire/poeme-les-foules.php
>>
File: chugh.jpg (80KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
chugh.jpg
80KB, 1400x700px
bernays did more harm to our society than anyone else post-war
>>
>>9658207
>>9658139

I disagree. Brainlets are real, not all are born equal, some have weaker spirit
>>
>>9659107
this is actually really interesting, the similarities there. cheers anon. transmigration of souls or just based gallic disaffection ftw
>>
>>9659115
glad to hear it, I was just joking as there was some confusion between the two over on another thread the other day.

but the image of the crowd reminded me of solitude of the poet in the midst of the crowd of that poem, an image and a phrase that has stayed in my mind for years.
>>
File: IMG_4070.png (153KB, 300x407px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4070.png
153KB, 300x407px
>>
>>9658139
>>9658207
Does Jung consider the collective unconscious immutable or something that can be shifted/changed?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.