[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Top 4 and why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: 1497941857992.jpg (1MB, 2896x2896px) Image search: [Google]
1497941857992.jpg
1MB, 2896x2896px
Top 4 and why
>>
>>9657980
How do you Western anons view the concept of Wu Wei and Taoism in general? As a Chinese person I found some concepts of Taoism in general (particularly Wu Wei) very helpful. Maybe it's just because I tend to overthink.
>>
>>9658305
Daoism is acknowledged as an ancient, complete religion with deities, monastic life, rituals, immortality and much more - effectively a Chinese ancestral religion as it even incorporated beliefs and practices that predate a historical Laozi.

But the Daoism anons care about is mostly the philosophical Daoism of the Daodejing and Zhuangzi, those looking into earlier Chinese metaphysics read the Yijing, and Neiye is for those into meditation.

This Daoism isn't as foreign as one might think: Heraclitus and process philosophy too see the only unchanging thing about the universe to be the necessity of change. Stoicism advocates a "life according to Nature" that doesn't entail futile resistance, ancient philosophy in general sees philosophy as a way of life in addition to organized thought. Concept of patient and agent in metaphysics can't help it, they remind people of Yin and Yang, respectively.

The Dao Companion to Daoist Philosophy calls for a proper, rigorous comparative study of Greek and Daoist philosophy by scholars trained in both the ancient Greek and Chinese languages, which hasn't happened quite yet.
>>
get stirner out of there ffs you already have laozi

see? it's already more interesting
>>
>>9659079
Who could take his place?

Schoppy?
>>
>>9659116
I'm that anon. I have a 3x3 that has Lacan, Heidegger and Laozi in it as well. And four other guys that aren't Stirner. I just don't get the hype for Stirner and I read Ego.

Schopenhauer would be an okay choice but he's too much of a crusty old bastard for me. I think you had Shakespeare in there in a previous iteration, which isn't a crazy choice although he kind of skews with the philosopher theme.

Spinoza might work in that open slot for you.
>>
>>9657980
yoooo op we would get along - you american?
>>
>>9659126
>3x3
>four other guys
>clearly not a math major
>>
>>9659116
Ayn Rand
>>
>>9657980
Plotinus because fuck the demiurge
Dostoevsky because fuck progress
Schmitt because fuck liberal democracy
Sorel because fuck you
>>
File: plotinus_17_.jpg (110KB, 1018x1019px) Image search: [Google]
plotinus_17_.jpg
110KB, 1018x1019px
>>9659214
>Plotinus because fuck the demiurge
http://trisagionseraph.tripod.com/Texts/Plotinus5.html
>>
>>9659128
Correct
Tell me about urself anon
>>
>>9659130
Kek
>>
>>9659225
>fuck (the concept of) the demiurge
>>
File: IMG_4035.jpg (18KB, 267x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4035.jpg
18KB, 267x400px
>>9659126
Schopenhauer, the world as will and representation, probably amoung the truest truths put to text. I did have Shakespeare, he is for me amoung the greatest thinkers but yea he's not really a deliberate philosopher. I like Spinoza and the idea of attunement, he takes aviroes stance that scientific thinking is the true way toward knowing God.

I chose Stirner because he really takes it to the end. That is, freedom. That we are nothing, but not lacking just always unimaginable and resists symbolization. That selfless acts are impossible and that a true ethics rests on the notion of self-interest. And yet he denies hedonism because a continual desire chasing is a detraction of freedom. He's like a very particular kind of abolitionist. His historiography and method are absolutely necessary. For me, at a time when everyone was searching the "the answer", Stirner comes and easily brushes away their idealism by exposing their unconscious psychology. He really is a precursor to Lacan. I imagine that Nabokov must have read and approved him. Stirner and his prescriptions remind me of the masters I admire most and why I admire them.

If there was any1 else I would have picked it would have been Fredrick Douglass
>>
>>9659231
what would you like to know
>>
File: IMG_4034.jpg (97KB, 450x325px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4034.jpg
97KB, 450x325px
>>9659979
Who are your masters?
What are your beliefs based on?
Where r u headed?
When did you first realize the truth?
Why do you continue to live?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.