[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Learning French

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0232.png (121KB, 1036x732px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0232.png
121KB, 1036x732px
Do you guys have any tips for learning french? Texbook recommendations? If It helps, I already know latin and english
>>
Bump. also learning french
>>
How did you learn Latin?
>>
>>9656921
Use anki digital flash cards. Put the picture of the word on one side of the card, and use an audio clip of the word being spoken on the other side. There are websites that allow you to download clips of words being spoken in French for free.
>>
Memrise and Duolingo work great. Both of those everyday and you'll be speaking French in no time.
>>
>>9656959
learning spanish, but did you have to download a photo for each of these or are there packets you can download
>>
>>9656921
>If It helps, I already know latin and english
Not really. Arabic shares little in common with European languages.
>>
>>9656986
meme from reddit dank le mayamya from 9aga
>>
>>9656972
I read a great book in language learning called Fluent Forever. The guy who wrote it (who speaks like 7 languages) claimed that you have to download your own pictures for every flash card because it aids memory retention, and language learning is almost entirely about retention. He also recommends searching for pictures in the language you're trying to learn rather than your native language because any foreign word doesn't necessarily directly translate to any word in your native language.
>>
>>9656986
Lost. keked hard.
>>
>>9656961
I agree, but only do so if you are going to stick with it. Duolingo works best if you smash through it as well, but go back over everything you've done so far every couple of days.
>>
>>9657018
hahahah also keked hard and sent a screencap to the 4chan twitter!!
>>
Use French films, there's a lot of good ones.

Writing vocabulary on a piece of paper helped me in college, but that might be my own preference.

Speak to as many French speakers as possible, even if you sound like a total retard. My first year of taking French in college, I showed up to the French dinners every single week, learned a TON absurdly fast and got major brownie points with professors.

My experience with French was that it is easiest to write, but hardest to understand others speak. Again, listen to French as often as you can. Eventually it will begin to put itself together.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.