[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sylvia Plath

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4630.jpg (109KB, 288x386px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4630.jpg
109KB, 288x386px
How does /lit/ feel about Sylvia Plath, specifically her works of poetry?
>>
>>9656659
She's great, but shit on here because she killed herself/ is a woman.
>>
>>9656659
Honestly Ariel is the only book that gave me a feeling of horror. She was really brilliant. Also a baking fanatic.
>>
>>9656673
I just ordered it for $4 on bookdepository, can't wait for it to arrive.
>>
>>9656667
The same applies to Woolf but she isn't shit on.
>>
>>9656693
>77% off

Aaaaa my buying finger is itching..... Should I? SHOULD I
>>
>>9656700
she's protected by an extended 'love' of Joyce
>>
>>9656703
fuck I did it. fuck i just supported the capitalismo
>>
She's alright for a head in the oven type personality, as if heaven itself had cisterns
To fill. Remember where I am. Two step backwards. If it were only easy as some dance moves. Repeated as if it were a necessity.
>>
>>9656659
Q T
T
>>
File: 1454460999607.jpg (30KB, 635x475px) Image search: [Google]
1454460999607.jpg
30KB, 635x475px
>she gassed herself in an oven to continue her literary associating of herself with Jews in the holocaust
I'm not joking.
>>
>>9656703
Yeah you'll like it she writes a poem about people being turned into lampshades >>9656755
Not even. It was a way of consuming herself in the role of housewife/mother. She used to bake maniacally when anxious. She dressed the kids up before she did it. The really radical or unsettling thing about her work is her rejection of what is supposed to be the most important and revered thing "motherhood" (if anything she was mocking the Jewish matriarchy )
>>
>>9656764
Perhaps the oven served as a nexus in which her two literary trends - her holocaust analogy and her rejection of the traditional maternal role - were linked and culminated. I need to reread her work eventually, but I find the multi-layered symbology behind her suicide fascinating albeit obviously tragic. I have never heard of a more poetically fulfilling suicide.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.