[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this edition contain textual errors?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2637.jpg (57KB, 408x694px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2637.jpg
57KB, 408x694px
Does this edition contain textual errors?
>>
no but if you're in buffalo keep your grubby mitts off, i want it
>>
>>9656412
was the quote on the cover true when the book was published? I'd say that, of all writers alive (and works to have been published since) it's the most important work of fiction I can think of.
>>
>>9656462
You sure m8y how'd ya know if you don't have it? I want to be sure
>>
>>9656412
Does anybody know how to sing the babana's song?

Good for you Op, I got my first paper Pynchon today. In my country he was published once and the prices for his books are pure madness.
>>
>>9656498
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8VrXTCbfrg
>>
what are y'all's favorite versions?
>>
>>9656412
I tried reading this yesterday and I have no fucking clue what is happening.

It's set during WW2, it's about V2 rocket bombs. There is this squadron of soldiers who exclusively eat bananas? I see character names, they sometimes have descriptions of who they are/what they're doing, but then they dissapear only to reappear a few pages later.
>>
>>9656543
Just flow with it, enjoy it, laugh and be amazed. Then read it a second time if you want to understand it better.
>>
So is the edition shit or good??
>>
Bump pls
>>
>>9656558
That edition is fine as far as I could tell when I read it.
>>
>>9656543
it's a carnival.
>>
there are a few textual errors in the Bantam, though nothing serious, and if you are reading it with Weisenburger's GR guide, he points out every textual error in the book and corrects it. I think a lot of people are scared of which edition they buy after the whole Penguin fiasco, but honestly, after the Penguin was re-edited/corrected, there are no longer any errors in that edition that don't appear in both the Bantam and the Viking (and oftentimes, many of the errors in the Bantam and Viking have been corrected in the Penguin).
>>
>>9658552
Are there any flawless editions?
>>
File: gravitys_rainbow_vintage.jpg (98KB, 350x532px) Image search: [Google]
gravitys_rainbow_vintage.jpg
98KB, 350x532px
i want this one so bad
>>
i have the rainbow rocket one, which i dont enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRI0Zzzzhy4
but it looks like i wont have to read it after all
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.