[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a good book? Any other good self-help books?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 9780749307844-uk-300.jpg (26KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
9780749307844-uk-300.jpg
26KB, 300x450px
Is this a good book?
Any other good self-help books?
>>
>>9655746

It's fine, but it's not a cure for autism. It's more about how to act charismatic and persuasive in a business environment.
>>
>>9655763
What's the cure for autism?
>>
>>9655824
Unironically death
>>
>>9655746
What is happening to this board [2]
>>
>>9655763
this
>>
No more mr nice guy by Robert Glover
>>
>>9655746
I read it years ago. It had good advice.

The problem with self-help books is applying them. People read them, apply the info for about a week, and then forget what the book even said.
>>
>>9655824
Taking a few shots of liquor and forcing yourself to start conversations with people in public.
>>
>>9655746
Read it, but follow its advice only when dealing with plebs
>>
>>9655746
The Bible of How to deal with People

Even more useful when you are going out marketing yourself out and meeting people for your network, but overall great book with high value

A must read for me
>>
anyone have the passage from the Recognitions that tears this book a new one?
>>
>>9656729
found part of it online :

"It was written with reassuring felicity. There were no abstrusely long sentences, no confounding long words, no bewildering metaphors in an obfuscated system such as he feared finding in simply bound books of thoughts and ideas. No dictionary was necessary to understand its message; no reason to know what Kapila saw when he looked heavenward, and of what the Athenians accused Anaxagoras, or to know the secret name Jahveh, or who cleft the Gordian knot, the meaning of 666. There was, finally, very little need to know anything at all, except how to “deal with people.” College, the author implied, meant simply years wasted on Latin verbs and calculus. Vergil, and Harvard, were cited regularly with an uncomfortable, if off-hand, reverence for their unnecessary existences . . . In these pages, he was assured that whatever his work, knowledge of it was infinitely less important that knowing how to “deal with people.” This was what brought a price in the market place; and what else could anyone possibly want?"
>>
File: download (1).jpg (8KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
8KB, 190x265px
The 48 laws of power is actually a pretty fun read, it's a bunch of machiavellian guidelines when dealing with people, with cool historical anecdotes. Probably goes well with The Prince, though obviously less literary
>>
>>9656729
>>9656738

It's been a while since I've read the book but I don't remember the author being overly pretentious about anything. It was very straight forward as an easy method to talk to people and make them feel understood.
>>
File: IMG_5969.jpg (54KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5969.jpg
54KB, 475x475px
>>9655746
>>
>>9656760
Audio book is best. He does funny voices when pretending to be evil.

But the whole book is how to be an asshole, with fedora bonus tips included.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.