[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is non-fiction better than fiction?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1497773611507.jpg (23KB, 552x468px) Image search: [Google]
1497773611507.jpg
23KB, 552x468px
Is non-fiction better than fiction?
>>
>>9655509
Apples and oranges
>>
>>9655509
>better

Better how? For what purpose? This question is essentially meaningless.
>>
>>9655509
Are non-books better than books? You decide.
>>
>>9655523
No.
>>9655520
Are you fucking retarded?
>>9655517
Is that a yes then?
>>
File: ColonCaretClosingparenthese.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ColonCaretClosingparenthese.gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>9655509
One of these two is a genre of the other.
>>
Some might say yes, some might say no

Be honest, you just wanted to use that picture
>>
>>9655684
Nah, I wanted to ask this question to this board. I always write the post first and do the captcha right after, I just happen to save cool pictures so I can improvise a pick as the last step
>>
Id rather not but oh well
>>
>>9655509
Everything is fiction
>>
Fiction is fun because it's escapist and allows the author to play out thoughts and concepts that either can't happen or have not happened in the real world.

Non fiction is great because it's somewhat more grounded in reality, besides historical bias, and allows you to understand the context of the world around you. If you want to be an author it would be good to read biographies about authors. If you feel dumb at not knowing classical history, start with the greeks. If you want to learn how the brain works, read psychological and neurological studies.

Both have pros and cons and provide the reader with different information. Whats the point in asking the question? Why did I fall for the bait?
>>
>>9655781
its a really shitty question. what the hell does "better" mean
>>
>>9656219
I simply asked if one is better than the other, damn. I think you got lost here or something. So I guess this means 'No' huh?
>>
>>9655509
you dumb fucking piece of shit, off yourself
>>
>>9656821
no
>>
>>9655509
I don't trust anyone who bashes either of them
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.