[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

boredom/laziness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

any good philosophy that discusses these things together or separately? not looking for stoicism or anything like that - more like gass's book about the color blue, or adam phillips on tickling.

russell has a book on idleness, but it's not good plus he's a cuck.
>>
"my diary desu"
>>
>>9654805
Heidegger briefly discusses anxiety, boredom, and other negative states of mind in Being and Time. His ideas that they should be held onto for as long as possible in order to reveal the existential possibilities available to us, in my opinion, has been a very powerful insight in my day-to-day life. Getting through the abstractions and the terminology to appreciate Heidegger's discussions on mood and how they reflect upon the ontological state of affairs requires a lot of philosophical dissection at first, but I think it's well worth it even if you decide that Heidegger isn't your cup of tea.
>>
>>9654805
>>9654845
I have to preface this recommendation for the likely retarded /pol/tard OP, however, because Martin Heidegger was also a cuckold despite being a prominent member of the Nazi Party. Even though Heidegger ended up closer to his bastard child than his biological child, who later ended up passionately managing his estate, you may not find his philosophy worthwhile as a result of his dysfunctional marriage.
>>
>>9654845
i liked the first 1/4 of being in time and then lost the book and never got it back. will definitely go back to finish, sooner rather than later now.

boredom less so, but it just seems like almost everyone takes laziness being an unpardonable sin as given. i can speculate why, but would be cool to read somehow who has looked into it, no matter what they think of laziness in the end
>>
>>9654854
I liked the first book of Being and Time, and while I found the second half of Being and Time interesting and appreciated where it was trying to go, I felt that it was too convoluted and self-contradicting to make any sense of its direction. Definitely finish the first half and then find a better Heidegger scholar to inform you of how to go about understanding Heidegger's philosophical project.
>>
>>9654848
relax bud
>>
>>9654854

laziness is a sin to the religion of liberal capitalism. protestant work ethics are unfortunately firmly lodged in the prevailing authority in our world.
>>
>>9654877
i agree - but i dont think that's the whole answer
>>
File: Yikes.gif (874KB, 300x229px) Image search: [Google]
Yikes.gif
874KB, 300x229px
>>9654805
>...plus he's a cuck.
Oh, you're an idiot.

Rot in boredom, bore.
>>
File: fundamentals of metaphysics.jpg (11KB, 230x353px) Image search: [Google]
fundamentals of metaphysics.jpg
11KB, 230x353px
fundamental concepts of metaphysics has the longest treatise about boredom out of all heidegger texts.
>>
>>9655145
reddit
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.