[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Free Will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: frr-choice.jpg (163KB, 640x373px) Image search: [Google]
frr-choice.jpg
163KB, 640x373px
Will and decision making don't come from nowhere so they can't truly be free, okay, but don't they exist? Aren't I making a choice by posting here instead of throwing my laptop across the room so I can actually do things? Am I just pre-destined to do all of the things I do until someone or something that was destined to happen changes my path?
>>
>>9654599
>Aren't I making a choice
To say it simple to you, since you are a retard who can't research something as famous as this, you "make choices" but you have no say in it so guess what that fucking means
>>
>>9654616
You didn't have to be mean about it.
>>
>>9654628
>mean
A thread died because of yours, and on top of that there are more then enough replicated threads on the same topic.
>>
>>9654616
>but you have no say in it
""
>>
>>9654599
>Will and decision making don't come from nowhere
who? where do they come from?
>so they can't truly be free
why? are they like apostate refugees ever on the run from their home?
>but don't they exist?
what? how does this follow?
> Am I just pre-destined to do all of the things
your life is one string of events, and every point, once passed, can not be changed anymore therefor it is determined as fate, even inaction becomes part of it. you can't undo the past, even erasing it has a consequence. even suicide. considering that we can't look into the future, our choices as to what the sequence of events that becomes our lifespan will look like are very limited. it's like a game of flappy bird, you just go, trying not to crash, knowing it is inevitable.
>>
>>9654640
You are great example of it. You could write something profound and debunk me(not that is possible) but you just acted on your emotions like the little good primate you're
>>
>>9654648
>you have no say in it
Is something you'd have to qualify for your post to have any merit.
>>
File: 1497825616054.jpg (65KB, 640x620px) Image search: [Google]
1497825616054.jpg
65KB, 640x620px
I chose to be an anime watching loser and alcoholic. Thanks Will Free.
>>
no one knows. anyone who says they know is lying. it's a very complicated question. it's a more interesting question to ask whether we will ever know. there is also no correct answer to that question, only speculation about the sorts of knowledge that might hypothetically enable us to start to give an adequate answer.
>>
>>9654599
>truly be free
They can't be infinitely free*. You can be strong, but you won't be throwing stars around.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.