[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rank Pynchon's bibliography

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2636.jpg (182KB, 992x1571px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2636.jpg
182KB, 992x1571px
Rank Pynchon's bibliography
>>
>Mason & Dixon
>Gravity's Rainbow
>V.
>Inherent Vice
>Against the Day
>Bleeding Edge
>Vineland
>Lot 49
>Slow Learner
I've only read 2 Pynchon books
>>
File: donald trump jr fist pump.jpg (58KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
donald trump jr fist pump.jpg
58KB, 1000x1000px
>>9654296
>tfw halfway through lot 49
>in love with it
>we can only go up from here
>>
>>9654306
Lucky man
>>
>>9654296
Have read neither Slow Learner nor the two latest, but I'd rank what I have read (Rainbow and Lot twice, V. a whopping four times) high.
>>
>>9654292
Of the one's I've read:

Gravity's Rainbow
Mason & Dixon
Against the Day
V.
Crying of Lot 49
Inherent Vice
>>
>>9654296
That's funny because you got nearly all of them right
>>
>>9654306
its dogshite, not even being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian
>>
GR>V.>M&D>TCoL49>IV>Vl>BE>SL
>>
>>9654306
His worst besides Bleeding Edge. You're going to have some fun months ahead of you, friend.
>>
>>9654292
Gravity's Rainbow
Against the Day
Mason & Dixon
Inherent Vice
The Crying of Lot 49
Bleeding Edge
Slow Learner (except that amazing intro which is required reading)

Haven't read V. Or Vineland yet
>>
Reading GR right now. Fuck, it's way harder than I thought it would be. I thought people were memeing/just saying it was difficult to make themselves feel better about finishing it. Now I realize they were actually being kind of humble.

Really liking it. It's hilarious, but just a lot to handle. Anyone have any random tips? 350 pages in. I've read Lot 49 and IV. Probably should read V. first.
>>
>>9655989
Slow down. Slower than that, even, and try to take in as much as you can. Don't get hung up on your confusion, it's meant to be read twice. I just finished a reread and holy shit I thought I paid attention the first time and I was wrong. It's probably the second most difficult book I've ever read right below Women and Men
>>
>>9655996
Thanks, Kyle. I have been moving through it pretty quickly. I just assumed sticking with it for as long as I could (during a single day/time span) would be the best way to remember everything. Keep it fresh, you dig?

Also, read JR asap. I know you've been thinking about it. GR and W&M are more difficult. You'll love it.
>>
Of the ones I've read
>Gravity's Rainbow
>Mason & Dixon
>Inherent Vice
>Bleeding Edge
>Lot 49
>Slow Learner (only read the introduction, but that was sort of enough)
>>
>>9654422
Wow so whopping
>>
Gravity's Rainbow
Against the Day
Mason & Dixon
Vineland
Inherent Vice
V.
The Crying of Lot 49

I love them all though. I need to read Bleeding Edge.
>>
Can someone talk about his experience with Vineland?
>>
File: 1424910569505.jpg (19KB, 620x447px) Image search: [Google]
1424910569505.jpg
19KB, 620x447px
>People in this thread have V. anywhere lower than top 2.

The case could be made that V. is his best
>>
>>9656741
>could be made
Make it then
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.