[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Way of Kings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: TheWayOfKings.png (146KB, 220x334px) Image search: [Google]
TheWayOfKings.png
146KB, 220x334px
Im considering getting this to christen my new ereader with.

Basically after something cosy and good

Any other recommendations?
>>
Pure cringe. Dropped after 500 pages read.
>>
>>9652837
>Any other recommendations?
Don't fall for the Sanderson meme.
>>
>>9652837
>Any other recommendations?
boku no pico
>>
File: shire.jpg (68KB, 662x549px) Image search: [Google]
shire.jpg
68KB, 662x549px
>>9652837

I'm also looking for cosy and comfy fantasy to read and downloaded this and Mistborn to my kindle, didn't get a chance to check them out - decided to reread "I, Robot" again on a whim.

I liked "Name of the Wind" but even more so enjoyed "Wise Man's Fear" because the protagonist travels around the world for quite a bit without major things happening. Too bad the author went the way of GRRM and will never finished the third book. "Doors of Stone" written by Brandon Sanderson indeed.

Would also look for recommendations.

I personally like

Tad Williams (Osten Ard, Otherland)
Tolkien (ofc)

I also heard that "Lies of Locke Lamore" is supposed to be pretty good
>>
>>9654401
Back to r/books pleb.
>>
>>9652837
Ignore the pseuds.

This is one of the best books I've ever read. But I would advise you to get the hardback American edition. It's worth it.
>>
I am not a pleb, I have graduated with a 1st from Oxford reading Classics and I know how to appreciate 'high-brow literature'. At the same time, cosy fantasy has always been a sort of escapism for me, especially when I need to relax in between long periods of only reading "proper literature".
The Way of Kings is, without a doubt, my favourite fantasy book of all time (with the possible exception of the Wheel of Time, but that will always have a soft spot in my heart since it was my first long fantasy series).
This board hates to admit that 'fun' fiction has any merit, don't listen to them, just read what you enjoy.
>>
>>9654491
>I am not a pleb, I have graduated with a 1st from Oxford reading Classics and I know how to appreciate 'high-brow literature'
is this a meme?
>>
>>9654497
I'll admit it does sound like one, but no, I genuinely have spent 4 years reading the Classical works and receptions thereof that /lit/ sucks off as being 'proper literature'.
>>
>>9654483
Master baiter.
>>
>>9654507
Your taste in escapist fantasy as such is terrible, they clearly don't teach taste at Oxford.
>>
>>9654607
No, they just teach us to appreciate that taste is subjective.
>>
>>9654620
You're not even trying anymore :/
>>
>>9654620
The best excuse for having shit taste.
>>
File: 2014-frodo-sam-01.jpg (244KB, 900x605px) Image search: [Google]
2014-frodo-sam-01.jpg
244KB, 900x605px
>>9654434
kek. I have a degree in English /lit/erature you basement dweller
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.