[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 6295.jpg (17KB, 318x408px) Image search: [Google]
6295.jpg
17KB, 318x408px
>I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked,
>dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix,
>Angel-headed hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection
>to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night,

How is that a poem?
>>
i can't explain art to you
>>
>>9650940
By taking the poem off the page, away from the sterile analysis of New Criticism and restoring to it the voice of its oral heritage.
>>
>>9650940
I still don't understand how hacks like Ginsberg and Kerouac even compare to William S. Burroughs.

More offensively, it seems like Naked Lunch is the least liked of the three classic beat books
>>
>>9650955
This. Listen to Ginsberg read it.
>>
The hippies produced way more works of art worth preserving than the Beats did. One Hendrix album is better than everything Kerouac put out.
>>
>>9650940
do you know when you're young and your mum tells you you can do anything, it's sort of like that except a bunch of people tell it to eachother
>>
>>9650964
Burroughs is amazing, and Naked Lunch is the best of the beat books imo...
>>
Is Holw the one with the "to those who sucked some bikers off"?
>>
>>9651068
Burroghs is indeed amazing, and Naked Lunch is excellent, but i don't if i'd call it his best.

I like Interzone, Exterminator and The Cat Inside just as much, if not more.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.