[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

¿

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_9785.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9785.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
Guys what is a positive equivalent synonimous to "wasteland" ? Like, "wonderland" ? idk
I'm trying to find a more appropriate way to describe this sorta 'void of exceptional experience' to get lost in..
>>
>>9650721
Elysian fields?
>>
>>9650721
Paradise.
The Wasteland in Arthurian lit (and by derivation in Eliot's poem) is a state of removal from Paradise and of waiting for the restoration, the second coming.
>>
File: IMG_9942.png (1MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9942.png
1MB, 1536x2048px
>>9650732
Hmm Elysian Fields, I really like the ring of it, but wikipedia more describes it like a passage trough rather than the place itself..

>>9650747
.. so the way you (or the poem) describe it says that "a state of removal" i.e. Nothing nearly like it?
>>
>>9650721
horizon
>>
>>9650766
demiurge
>>
>>9650768
Demiurge:
Philosophy.
Platonism. the artificer of the world.
(in the Gnostic and certain other systems) a supernatural being imagined as creating or fashioning the world in subordination to the Supreme Being, and sometimes regarded as the originator of evil.
(in many states of ancient Greece) a public official or magistrate.

In what way is this like wasteland
>>
>>9650798
i thought it was a place
there was another one that means the abyss, or chaos which the demiurge acted upon when creating the world but i can't find it
>>
utopia
>>
>>9650759
>wikipedia describes it like a passage trough
Every writer has its own interpretation. As a concept it's been around for a while.
(The Wikipedia article wasn't very thorough, and in my opinion wrong.)

A quick search gave me these two:
https://www.thoughtco.com/what-were-the-elysian-fields-in-greek-mythology-116736
http://www.encyclopedia.com/philosophy-and-religion/ancient-religions/ancient-religion/elysian-fields
>>
>>9650854
In fact, wikipedia is the only place that i see it described as passage, what the hell?
>>
Clearing (Lichtung)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.