[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

José Saramago

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: saramago2.jpg (51KB, 948x1170px) Image search: [Google]
saramago2.jpg
51KB, 948x1170px
The best writer of all time
>>
>>9650695
Wait a second
>>
>>9650695
is the sequel to Blindness good? i never got around to reading it
>>
He was overrated as fuck and his books are shit

t. Portuguese
>>
I really can't stand his style. I really want to, but I just can't.

Though I do think he was a great author.
>>
>>9650836
There's no sequel to blindness.

>>9651671
Nem tanto ao mar nem tanto à terra.

Only half a dozen of his books are really good. His early and late works are pretty boring and subpar.
>>
>>9651757
Ensayo sobre la lucidez? Don't know the name in Portuguese or English.
>>
>>9651761
It's not a sequel, it's more a spiritual sucessor. It's about an election where people overwhelmingly vote "white" - they cast their vote without choosing anyone. That leads to a democratic crisis, etc. etc.
>>
>>9650695
I've only read "The Cave". That book was kind of boring and I was on the verge of dropping it but oh boy am I glad I didn't. The last 50 pages are so amazing that they are going to cast a shadow over my own fictive output for the rest of my life.

IMO if vaporwave literature ever becomes a thing, we'll all have to consider Saramago as the first writer of the movement.

i just want to live in some huge creepy mall
>>
>>9650818
This
What is this pretentious premise that all vintage writers are considered 'good', whereas people like John Green are neglected and spitted on? I personally find him more appealing and understandable than Dostoyevsky and I won't change my mind just because some pseud on /lit/ told me to. Modern writers are just as big geniuses as classics, you just don't see it yet because they didn't have the chance to be remembered by history. But trust me, Harry Potter and the likes of him will be considered great works of literature and will be remembered throughout ages, if not longer. And all you can do about it is deal with it, honestly.
/thread
>>
>>9653184
lmao are you for real
>>
>>9653191
thread
Yes, I am for real. I am a free thinker you know, and I will read and praise anything I want without you interfering.
/thread
>>
>>9651793
the characters are literally the same, you retard.
>>
>>9653184
But Saramago is a contemporary author. Your bait post makes zero sense since everything you are saying applies to Saramago every bit as much as Green. I know this is bait but could you try a little harder next time?
>>
>>9654371
Is A Jangada de Pedra any good? (don't know its name in English jej). The concept sounds interesting to me, but how does it play out?
>>
>>9654371
>>9654734
Sorry, I didn't mean to quote
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.