[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stirner Brand New Translation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: new translation.png (168KB, 2000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
new translation.png
168KB, 2000x1200px
The Ego and his Own/The Unique and Its Property has a brand new translation. Have you guys read some of it yet? Some say its funny as fuck as the new translator exposed the hidden jokes that were lost in translation.

In the introduction there is an excelent essay called ''Stirner the Wiseguy'' wich explains in detail what the original intend was of his book.
Could you guys gues what it is?
Its pure Hegelian Shitposting

Also here is the new translation for free.
https://archive.org/details/MaxStirnerTheUniqueAndItsProperty
>>
>implying the new translation isn't a spook.
>>
>>9649377
>the unique
stirnerfags confirmed for literally special snowflake tier
>>
>>9649883
epic meme bro
>>
>>9649826

underrated
>>
Neat! I love new translations. Copping right now.
>>
>>9649377
still waiting on it in the mail
>>
This guy is way up Stirner's ass.
>>
sampled it, meh, the translation isn't different enough from the cambridge version to bother reading the whole shit again

on the topic of new translations tho, i do have a copy of the new tim parks translation of machiavelli coming in the mail tomorrow, based amazon with the sunday deliveries, shit is supposed to retain the conversation/conspiratorial feel of the original rather than the asspained feel of the crusty old public domain trannies
>>
>The first English translation of Stirner's book appeared in print under the title The Ego and His Own in 1907. It was the work of Steven T. Byington, an individualist anarchist involved with the circles around Benjamin Tucker. Tucker funded the project (and published the result). He insisted on the use of"ego" in the title, even though it is not at all an accurate translation of "Einzige." Byington
was very skilled with languages and worked most of his life as a translator and proof reader. So it isn't a surprise that Tucker would turn to him to translate Stirner's work. But there are some reasons to question whether Byington was the best choice.

>Though he was an individualist anarchist, he was also a Christian–not a fundamentalist, obviously, but an active member ofthe Ballard Vale Congregationalist Church (now the Ballard Vale United Church) in Andover, Massachusetts and its clerk for thirty-two years. He made a life-long project of translating the Bible into modern English under the name of The Bible in Living English. Could a good Christian translate a work like Stirner's without twisting the basic meaning? I have my doubts.
>>
>>9650071
Which parts did you compare?
>>
>>9650059
he's way up his own ass

>I have given the most significant answer to this question already, but obviously if I were doing this only for myself, I wouldn't get it published. However much I may enjoy playing with myself, I always find an added
pleasure when I play with others. This is why I want to toss my translation out to certain others to make the game more exciting, but not just to anyone.

>I know some academics will make use of it for their own purposes in any case, and to the extent that they are doing this for their own enjoyment,
I would expect nothing less. In turn, some of them may provide me with fodder for furthering my own egoistic purposes.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.