[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name an unluckier writer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: Benjamin-in-Paris.jpg (27KB, 258x386px) Image search: [Google]
Benjamin-in-Paris.jpg
27KB, 258x386px
Name an unluckier writer
>>
>>9648801
Poe
>>
Bruno Schulz
>>
>>9648801
Primo Levi
>>
varlam shalamov
>>
>>9648801
me
>>
>>9648801
Hitler
>>
File: gauguin.portrait-idol.jpg (85KB, 598x795px) Image search: [Google]
gauguin.portrait-idol.jpg
85KB, 598x795px
mental illness is more than just bad luck

>One room has twenty-nine Gauguins crammed on its walls. (I once again came to the realization - inasmuch as this term is applicable to my rapid sampling of this great collection - that Gauguin's paintings seem hostile to me, directing all the hate against me that a non-Jew can feel toward Jews.)
>>
That obscure german philosopher who hung himself with a pile of unsold copies of his book.
>>
>>9649628
Mainlander. He wasn't unlucky, tho. He went like a coherent champ.
>>
>>9648801
What was he? 39? As a writer he was fortunate, rather. As a human being, not so lucky. Had he lived he wd have strayed further into literature. As a lover of his more literary writing knowledge of his fate was at first genuinely painful.
>>
>>9649628
I think they were unsold purely because he had just got them from the printers.
>>
>>9648801
The author of My Diary tbqh
>>
Fante.
>>
Probably a poor sod that wrote a masterpiece but someone else got the credit for it. My best guess is ancient Greece, presocratic philosophers or the true author of the Iliad and/or Odyssey.
>>
Trotsky
>>
Toole
>>
>>9652748
>the true author of the Iliad and/or Odyssey.

This, no one was more unlucky than her
>>
>>9649628
Eventually, descending into megalomania and believing himself to be a messiah of social democracy, on the night on April 1, 1876, Mainländer hanged himself in his residence in Offenbach, using a pile of copies of The Philosophy of Redemption (which had arrived the previous day from his publisher) as a platform. He was thirty-four years old.

Jesus
>>
>>9653081
ha
>>
Anne Frank
The kid who wrote Devil in the Flesh
He hang himself because he had no discernible talent
>>
>no one said Henry Darger yet
his whole life was just a Dickens novel.
The man was autismo as fuck too.
>>
>>9653295
No more badass way to go.

I figured it out!
...fuck.
>>
>>9648801
That poor black woman that secretly wrote all plays atributed to Shakespeare.
>>
>>9648801
is that paul f thompkins?
>>
>>9648801
has anyone read the arcades project? how difficult is it?
>>
John Kennedy TOole man
>>
>>9654388
Just a few essays and the voluminous notes he took arranged under chapter headings. It's not even NEAR complete but his notes are both entertaining and informative. It was a great idea, and not to have it a serious loss.
It isn't in the least bit difficult. Youll learn alot about everything from architecture to Fourierism in mid-19th c. Paris.
>>
Stephan Zweig
>>
>>9654411
thanks. its a big book so it looked intimidating
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.