[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

story time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

have you ever met a genius in real life? what was it like?
>>
people call me a genius but i tihnk it's just cuz i'm aloof and creative.
i'm actually pretty dumb by most standards and i dont really believe in the idea at this point.
some people are weird, and some people work hard. that's about it.
>>
>>9646179
I met Temple Grandin one time, she's a diagnosed autistic savant. She gave a lecture about ethical slaughter of animals. We had a brief conversation about animal rights and their distinction from human rights.

I also met Liza Lou, an artist who received a MacArthur 'Genius' Grant. She probably wasn't a real genius, in terms of IQ, but she had some neat opinions on the distinction of art and craft, especially as it is seen by traditional craftsman in Africa.
>>
>>9646184
in other words, no
>>
The man in the apartment next to mine used to be a virtuoso violinist of sorts in Canada. He came to the states after an incident involving some Quebecois strippers, whom he claims are the prettiest in the world. I go over there to smoke weed sometimes when I run out.
>>
>>9646263

>some dude in Canada played the fiddle

colour me surprised, laddie
>>
Yeah, Wittgenstein.
>>
A genius will act eccentric, or not, or maybe theyll be terribly boring, or overwhelming, or shy. In a phrase, like everyone else in terms of variety.

Genius is accessed through the work it produces. The person carrying genius around is a vessel for it and may or may not be heavily influenced by their ability in terms of personality.

Meeting geniuses to have fascinating conversation with is the pseud fantasy form celebrity worship.

Want to know genius? Back to work!
>>
ye
mom says im her little genius
also all my friends say my fan fiction is like out of this world its like if enstien was fan fiction writer or something
>>
>>9646179
I've met at least two.
The one that I find more interesting was this kid in highschool who basically was anything but /lit/ and you could tell in the way he spoke, he was basically just the biggest neet, subtracting social ineptitude part. I've never met anyone with such an incredibly commanding presence in my life.
Beyond that he seemed almost impossibly well read in anything his peers were interested in, and he pretty much remembered everything that went passed him.
I tend to think of the image many people have of who they want to be on infinite coffee as what he represented. He was insanely witty and probably had the most insane reaction time and comprehension time combined of anyone I've even heard about. If you gave him Hegel he could respond before you finished reading it yourself with some sort of witticism that showed both interest and a complete understanding.
He sort of played the world like a video game, and he was really fucking good at video games.
>>
Got invited to lunch by Nathaniel Tarn. He's a decent poet and I had a great conversation with him. He started the pelican imprint and I think he was surreptitiously telling me he was in British intelligence. He also studied classic Chinese literature in the original language. I think he is a genius.
>>
My physics proffesor in uni was the smartest man I've met in my life. He had a Ph.D in physics, a BA in African American studies (he is black), spoke english, french, Spanish and latin, and had immense knowledge of literature and history.
He was basically an IRL shitposter though. On the first day he asked us what the Law of cosines was, and he went down the rows one by one asking every person until he found someone with the right answer. This took about 20 minutes. He would always make fun of the Bernie Sanders supporters and would talk about making America great again. He told us that Trump was the only reasonable candidate, and that he doesn't like the Democrats because, and I quote, "the guy getting my taxes as welfare probably isn't even black". I wish I was making this up
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.