[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Famous works of literature that are known to be ghostwritten

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

ITT: Famous works of literature that are known to be ghostwritten
>>
my diary desu
>>
>>9642651
pic-unrelated
>>
>>9642651
[citation needed]
She transcribed what she had seen in a dream.
>>
>>9643103
>>9643107
I think OP means that the book was originally accredited to her husband Percy.
>>
>>
>>9642651
It was certainly written by Mary because we have her original manuscript. What Percy did was edit it, some passages extensively, to make it more 'latinate' than 'germanic' and thus more to the taste of the general readership at the time.

Mary:
>The raising of ghosts or devils was also a favourite pursuit and if I never saw any I attributed it rather to my own inexperience.

Percy:
>The raising of ghosts or devils was a promise liberally accorded by my favourite authors, the fulfilment of which I most eagerly sought; and if my incantations were always unsuccessful, I attributed the failure rather to my own inexperience.

>That PBS collaborated on this novel should come as no surprise to anyone, because the Shelleys left a long history of their shared activities as creative artists. They transcribed and they edited each other's works; they encouraged each other to undertake or to modify major works; and they even collaborated in the publication of History of a Six Weeks' Tour at a time when Frankenstein was being readied for the press.
>A reading of the evidence in these Frankenstein Notebooks should make clear that PBS's contributions to Frankenstein were no more than what most publishers' editors have provided new (or old) authors or, in fact, what colleagues have provided to each other after reading each other's works in progress.
http://shelleygodwinarchive.org/contents/frankenstein/the-frankenstein-notebooks-introduction/#mws_and_pbss_collaboration_in_the_frankenstein_notebooks
>>
>>9643268
Damn that is a comfy relationship
>>
>>9643268
Percy clearly never read Elements of Style while Mary presupposed it.
>>
To Kill a Mockingbird.
>>
>>9643294
>tfw you will never elope with your young writerfu to Europe and travel across the Rhine, Italy and France
>>
File: images.jpg (17KB, 271x400px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
17KB, 271x400px
>>
>>9642651
The Count of Monte Cristo
>>
>>9643124
That makes much more sense. Thanks.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.