[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommend reading to a depressed NEET graduate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1408113051603.jpg (143KB, 600x705px) Image search: [Google]
1408113051603.jpg
143KB, 600x705px
Recently graduated and desu I don't feel like doing anything. I've been sitting home for the past month and a half looking for stuff to do just feeling empty. I want to change that by starting to read again. Recommend me something to read.

Also, sticky has link that doesn't work anymore (bookzz). Their new domain is b-ok.org
>>
have you even applied anywhere?

Jerusalem. That should keep you busy.
>>
>>9641063
Applied to some insurance company, got an interview, saw the place and how soul crushing working there would be, started doubting why the fuck I even got my degree, etc. Now I got no desire to apply anywhere.

Jerusalem by alan moore?
>>
>>9641083
actuarial math?

idk insurance is important. I'd love to do that if I could
>>
>>9641094
No, CS
The silence of the office full of cubicles and heads looking soullessly at their computer screens haunted me. Made me question WTF I'm doing, I'll never be able to willingly work there.
Actual jobs that I want are either infested by SJW's, need 5+ years of experience or just way too far.
>>
>>9641133
>Actual jobs that I want
curious as to what these are

CS has tons of opportunities m8. dunno what you're on about tbqh
>>
I just want you to know I continue to find it hilarious how you pretend to be laughing at me and at the same time are so desperate to try and make me leave. It really does speak volumes about how the cards really lie. You fucked up.

Those IRS boys might let one year slide, but two? Three? That's some thin ice and you all know it.
>>
>>9641133
I foresaw something like this happening to me when I initially decided to major in CS. I've since changed my major, but that's obviously not an option for you. Regardless, you'll find a way to make it.

Have you read Neuromancer? Maybe The Pale King also.
>>
The Tartar Steppe, by Dino Buzzati.

If you're in the mood to give life advice to NEETs, >>>/adv/ would be more appropriate. We have 53 boards, please use them for what they're intended.
>>
>>9641049
You're not a NEET if you've graduated.
Even if you are NEET, you shouldn't identify with such a toxic label, it'll lead to self-loathing.
>>
I think about majoring in philosophy and minoring in computer science.
From monday-friday drive another town for philosophy, and saturday-sunday stay in my town for computer science
>>
>>9643880
The chances are that he kills himself out of empathy or that he actually step up and do something
>>
>>9644084
do linguistics and CS instead
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.