[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

woke lit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

woke lit general. what have you been reading lately?

please remember to keep capital letters and racism to a minimum
>>
Does Kanye's "I Love Kanye" freestyle count as postmodern verse? Serious question
>>
>>9640441
>muh racism is a spiritual problem
guy is a neolib faggot. This is good but not necessarily "woke."
>>
>>9640441
#altwoke manifesto? They'd probably hate the idea that I'm posting this on 4chan, but w/e

http://tripleampersand.org/alt-woke-manifesto/
>>
>>9640459
You're the same motherfucker from the other Coates thread. I don't even love him that much but you seem to be riding his dick.

If you would be able to actually form an argument instead of sputtering "ne-ne-ne-neoliberal!" you might have something worth discussing.
>>
>>9640441
Just finished Karl Popper's Open Society and its Enemies. Ingenious refutation of Heglist lie-inducing philosophy.
>>
what is the etymology of Ta-Nehisi? Just curious. It doesn't sound spanish.
>>
File: 1497540011976.png (503KB, 480x960px) Image search: [Google]
1497540011976.png
503KB, 480x960px
>>9640441
I have just been reading self-help books. Don't know what to read next desu.
>>
>>9640525
>"[F]or the record Ta-Nehisi (pronounced Tah-Nuh-Hah-See) is an Egyptian name for ancient Nubia."
>>
>>9640556
WE
>>
>>9640441
>compounding moral debts

hmm..
>>
>>9640514
>t. yuppie of color
>>
Anybody here like rapper Victor Vasquez (KOOL AD) or read his novel, OK? It tried a little too hard to embody the po-mo spirit (like his music) but it was wildly entertaining.
>>
back to leftypol, idiots
>>
>>9640441
>woke
Is that like redpilled but left-wing?
>>
File: Sin 2014.png (76KB, 1038x371px) Image search: [Google]
Sin 2014.png
76KB, 1038x371px
>>9640685
Yes, just substitute Jews for WASPS as the cause for all the evil in the world.
>>
I think the african-american community owes a debt to every urban property home owner who was negatively impacted by black criminality, coates needs to pay up
>>
>>9640483
This is by far the gayest thing I've ever seen.
>>
>this literal dunce won a MacArthur fellowship

Can't decide who's worse, him or that Dominican faggot
>>
>>9640781
I admire the sentiment for a new leftist politics not tied to folk identity, but I think their manifesto is lacking specifics, too abstract and yes, obnoxious in style.
>>
I wish I was African-American middle-class intellectual. It's literally life on "Very Easy" mode.
>>
>>9640801
>#Alt-Woke Manifesto is the work of ANON. We are a collective of “Other.” Some of us are sex workers, some immigrants, many of us queer. There are even a few privileged white cucks amongst us. Nevertheless, ANON is largely the work and brainchild of People of Color (PoC). Our social disciplines are as varied as our identities, from journalists to dominatrixes. ANON are the intellectual cousins of #BlackLivesMatter divorced from liberalism. All inquires should be directed to: [email protected]
>brain child of sex working immigrant queers of color that are intellectually related to BLM
It has to be a meme.
>>
>>9640838
No, they're serious about it. I've heard some of them members talk about it. It isn't a joke.
>>
The left is done, they've been sublimated into the mainstream and are effectively establishment stooges now. Their liberal overlords use them as progressive shocktroops, but even in this capacity they're more impotent than at any other time in their history. Their privileged role has made them weak and comfortable

Today the counterculture belongs to the right. Reactionary thought and white ethnonationalism can't be represented in car adverts and Google homepage cartoons, and that makes them subversive and thus strong. The dissident right is drawing any remaining heroic will and creating a new political, artistic, and intellectual movement. The postmodern right is the future, not Obama and Jacobin.
>>
>>9640852
>The left is done, they've been sublimated into the mainstream and are effectively establishment stooges now. Their liberal overlords use them as progressive shocktroops, but even in this capacity they're more impotent than at any other time in their history. Their privileged role has made them weak and comfortable
>Today the counterculture belongs to the right. Reactionary thought and white ethnonationalism can't be represented in car adverts and Google homepage cartoons, and that makes them subversive and thus strong. The dissident right is drawing any remaining heroic will and creating a new political, artistic, and intellectual movement. The postmodern right is the future, not Obama and Jacobin.

oh fuck this. Authenticity isn't created out of being counter-culture. If strength only follows out of being subversive, then the second you achieve your goals you are done for. It relegates you to a position of constantly being on the outside. It's pure romanticism and leads to a desire to stay perpetually powerless and fringe.

The radical left has fallen into this trap for decades. Don't be stupid.
>>
>>9640850
You probably couldn't see through their hypercamouflage. Like at the Evergreen protests the students said campus police were unfairly targeting black trans disabled students. It's just countermemeing.
>>
>>9640852
>Obama and Jacobin
"Nick Land and Fox News"-tier desu. Your post can stand on its own without this type of shit.
>>
>>9640852
>The dissident right is drawing any remaining heroic will and creating a new political, artistic, and intellectual movement

legitimately made me laugh - good post anon
>>
>>9640850
We need to get /pol/ and /r9k/ on this. Maybe even /r/the_donald

This is something we cannot allow for the sake of our white children's future
>>
>>9640873
>new political, artistic, and intellectual movement
>made you laugh

Here we are:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAE_QQ-GcJE
>>
>>9640852
The "dissident right" are a bunch of bloggers and YouTubers, they won't achieve anything, and I say that as someone who sympathizes with white nationalism.

Leftists are outside organizing, debating, developing tactcs, creating political movements and ideas that can mobilize millions. They've already won the game before it even began.
>>
>>9640441
Pic in the OP is kind of right though. People who expect black people whose descendants/immediate parents have been poor and locked in a cycle of poverty and violence to suddenly bounce back up and brush the dust off their shoulders are ridiculous.
>>
>>9640882
There's no way they'll accomplish anything. They're advocating deviance for the sake of egalitarian acceptance. Exactly what you'd expect a cadre of politically radical sex worker immigrant queers of color to suggest.
>>
>>9640888

So how do you explain the relative success of poor immigrants who flooded into this country at the turn of the century?
>>
>>9640864
what the fuck is evergreen college?

>>9640852
>Reactionary thought and white ethnonationalism can't be represented in car adverts and Google homepage cartoons

Of course it can be. Capitalism is ideologically nihilistic, it will sell whatever it can, however it can. It'll flip sides and turncoat the second it sees a profit in it.

How do I know this? Because capitalist interests have had no qualms with using ethnonationalism as an advertising scheme in the past.

Pic related 'One Nation, One People, One Drink, Coke is It."

So don't romanticize being marginalized. Strength does not come from being ostracized, you have to actually want power.
>>
>>9640907
A state funded university in Washington state. The students effectively took over for a little while.
http://college.usatoday.com/2017/05/30/protests-erupt-over-racism-at-evergreen-state-college/
There's a quote from the students asst the beginning. I thought it had to be someone false flagging to make them seem retarded.
>>
>>9640483
This is really just Third Worldism with different aesthetics.
>>
>>9640459
>the Fields sister's manifesto
>>
>>9640721
shit retort, apply yourself
>>
>>9640907
He is saying "right now", it can't be used in advertising. Right-wing politics used to be mainstream in places like Germany, and could be used there. You're missing the point.
>>
>>9640903
They/their ancestors weren't recently slaves

They may have been disenfranchised and discriminated against but they weren't as hated and legally deprived of rights as blacks and former slaves

A Protestant work ethic probably helped too (which I'll admit you could criticize the blacks of the time as not having, but could you blame them considering the ridiculous discrimination and suffering they faced? it'd be easy to become a fatalist, violent, and weak-willed when life is turned against you no matter how good and hardworking you try to be)
>>
>>9641538
So what's black people's excuse for shitting up France, Germany, Sweden etc? Objectively speaking, blacks are violent and low IQ bottom feeders in every society they try to "participate" in, not just America.
>>
>>9641543
I think youre confusing blacks with muslims
>>
>>9641543
Whoa buddy, you're getting really ahead of yourself. As I've just said, the pic in OP is kind of right. They can't just bounce back up from centuries of institutionalized discrimination and the cycle of poverty and violence they grew up in.

Also, they have violent, anti-intellectual ghetto/hip-hop culture which glorifies precisely violence and idiocy, probably some trickery of the elite to spread racial tensions and keep society dumb and infighting.
>>
>>9641549
No, that seems to be a confusion you made. I am referring to blacks, blacks as in people descended from sub-Saharan Africa and who are massively overrepresented in European prisons

>>9641554
Sorry, how exactly were blacks being discriminated against in countries like Sweden for centuries? Please answer this as specifically as you possibly can. Because my understanding of Sweden is that blacks were a negligible proportion of its demography until the late 20th century
>>
>>9641554
The ghetto culutre is really just the outcome of poverty and those people deciding to find ways to work around it. If you feel you have no avenue but to sell drugs and steal thats what youll do, and to hell with whoever says otherwise. In their mind its survival. The same principle can be seen in any cartel-ridden country.

In addition, if you've grown up feeling like society hates you then why bother to respect that society and its laws? As it is, youre already dead.
>>
>>9641577
Ghetto culture is an outcome of biology. Blacks are genetically predisposed to be be violent and anti-intellectual animals who are incapable of higher order thought. It isn't their fault in the same sense that it's not a pitbull's fault that he feels the need to impulsively maul strangers, but they have to be managed.
>>
>>9641586
Riiiiight
>>
>>9640882
you should absolutely post the altwoke manifesto to /pol/
>>
File: Rushton & Jensen, 2005.png (63KB, 762x456px) Image search: [Google]
Rushton & Jensen, 2005.png
63KB, 762x456px
>>9641587
It's the truth. Blacks are dumb people; you can't just 'train' them to be more intelligent and creative. They have cognitive limits
>>
>>9641597
Uh huh
>>
>>9641577
>In addition, if you've grown up feeling like society hates you then why bother to respect that society and its laws? As it is, youre already dead.

While I understand your argument above, this specific statement has always annoyed me, it's just succumbing to your own beliefs and prejudices about how people perceive you and using that as an excuse for shit behavior ("it's not me, it's society's fault for judging me"), rather than self-improvement. People like Axl Rose have used this to explain why they're fucking assholes, and it comes off like a persecution complex.
>>
>>9641614
It is a persecution complex, I'm just explaining whats there. The biggest mistake of programs such as Black History and media that try to "explore the black experience" is constantly reinforcing the "you guys got fucked hard" narrative over emphasizing the positives Blacks have acomplished in the wake of all the brutalities. It paints a nasty and desperate picture that makes people only more spiteful. Its slowly waning but much damage has already been done.
>>
>>9641577
>In their mind its survival
Exactly, and this shows how inferior they are if this is the only thing the can think of. You don't see Indians selling drugs even though they live worse then every nigger could dream of.
>>
>>9641577
how come jews didn't deal drugs and steal for all the years they were in ghettos?
>>
>>9641627
this is exactly why coates sucks so bad, he's basically telling everyone "no matter how hard you try you'll never get ahead and so it's ok to be a thuggy fuckup"
>>
>>9642624
>Jews
>not stealing
>>
>>9640852
That's a lot of words for "conservatism is the new punk rock."
>>
>>9641577
>>9642619
>>9642624

African immigrants to the US outperform native blacks economically. The problems that the black "community" faces are clearly of their own making, I don't get why white liberals can't figure this out. If the Americans really were a white supremacist society, then all black people would be equally fucked, but this is simply not the case.

There's also that small matter of the mulatto who was in the white house for eight years.
>>
File: rick-ross-new.jpg (46KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
rick-ross-new.jpg
46KB, 612x380px
this man is dumb as rocks
>>
>>9640852
can't wait for the new punk songs about loving the police and hard work is really important to get ahead
>>
>>9641586
lmao break out the calipers
>>
File: Brain_Size_Map.png (25KB, 1227x597px) Image search: [Google]
Brain_Size_Map.png
25KB, 1227x597px
>>9643484

What's wrong with physical anthropology?
>>
>>9640556
That's just sad
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.