[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the last volume good enough to justify calling his series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: minkamp.jpg (100KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
minkamp.jpg
100KB, 1024x576px
Is the last volume good enough to justify calling his series "My Struggle" or was it just an edgy marketing ploy? And are the middle volumes (3,4) as good as the first two?
>>
so nobody read past the first two volumes?
>>
>>9640345
read Kalle Päätalo saatana.

Kalle > Knausmeme
>>
>>9640366
>The series charts Päätalo's life from his early childhood to the publication of his first novel, at the same time offering an interesting view of Finnish history over some four decades as seen from an individual's viewpoint.Some found the slowness of his narration and its seeming sticking to trifles tedious, while his innumerable fans, mostly among his own generation, were fascinated by the very abundance of detail, a meticulous reconstruction of the past. Other strengths of Päätalo's style are his absolute sincerity to the reader - he seemed to leave nothing of his life untold, yet his writing is never merely sensational - and his skillful way with spoken Finnish, especially his native dialect.

Wow, Norwegians really are cheaters.
>>
>>9640373
His Iijoki-series is also super massive. Iijoki -series detailing his life from the beginning (and slightly prior to his birth, his immediate family and surroundings) is like 26 six parts of pretty big novels.

He was titled to be "Proust of Selkonen" which is a small town in an region of called Taivalkoski in Finland.

Pretty amazing read honestly. Hope it gets translated for you lads.
>>
>>9640366
looks like theyre out of print and unavailable in english
>>
>>9640379
26 parts*
>>
The last part isn't the fifth part. Three and four are horrible. Five is slightly better, but still horrible. Book one is good. Book two is excellent. Book 6 is third best in the series.
>>
>>9640438
Oh, well, so is it just a ploy with the Hitler association?

I had the impression he had them all finished but I guess he was still writing half of the series when he got famous and that got to his head and he went to shit. Am I correct?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.