[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: QV5vvEQ.jpg (62KB, 790x790px) Image search: [Google]
QV5vvEQ.jpg
62KB, 790x790px
I'm stuck on a short story guys and I'm hoping for some advice.

In the story this trader comes to a poor town and offers them a resource they need but cannot possibly gather the money to pay for. I have the outline figured out except for what the trader ends up taking from them that makes the town worse off in the long run.

If any of you can give me a nice example or idea I'd appreciate it.
>>
>>9638715

Owner trades his wife in exchange for resource, and the wife is the town's only apothecary.
>>
>>9638715
read gift of the magi
>>
He takes their souls
>>
>>9638756
I have read that and come to think of it it MIGHT work but I'll have to change the outcome of the last chapter of the outline.

Thanks for the nudge.
>>
>>9638715
read Needful Things.
>>
File: happy-merchant.gif (10KB, 600x694px) Image search: [Google]
happy-merchant.gif
10KB, 600x694px
>>9638715
>a merchant comes to a small town of honest hard working people
>uses greed and materialism to subvert their wholesome culture
>can't afford what he's selling? Usury will solve this.
>he profits from their misfortune and moves on
>the rootless cosmopolitan is off to destroy another society

I see what you're doing here.
>>
>>9638715
So it's like the Pied Piper of Hamelin
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.