[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your opinion on this book?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 9780771013560.jpg (34KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
9780771013560.jpg
34KB, 300x450px
>>
Greatness, eh?

No one here has read it.
>>
All I know about Conrad Black is that when I watched This Hour Has 22 Minutes in the 90s, he was in the news for some kind of scandal.
>>
>>9637175
he actually went to jail I believe, so he gets alot of shit nowadays. I try to not let that get in the way of his writing though.
>>
>>9637158
>The Rise to Greatness
As a Canadian I feel like there's a sarcastic chuckle inside me but I only feel dissapointment.
>>
Conrad Black is an old dude who can't get over the fact that he wasn't born in England during the Victorian era.

A mediocre writer who peddles outdated half-assed opinions. He only gets published because he is rich and owns newspapers and publishers.

Read Pierre Berton and Peter C. Newman for actually good Canadian history writing.
>>
>>9637158
yeah, no. canada's the blandest country in western society, and probably the most low-key corrupt.
>when shootings were going on in quebec and ontario, ottawa shootings attributed to followers of isis and the like
>gov enlisted the help of the mafia to do "street cleaning"

literally every industry in the country is based on another country's success, and almost everything is usa-aimed or usa-based. and our gov still cucks itself over to the british to "maintain tradition" that almost nobody believes in.

ah, and we have no discernible identity or culture as a country other than heavily-accented, uneducated hicks and bland political figures. there's also hockey, which is largely only popular because of the usa's population and economy. and the average person, internationally, thinks of canadians as "okay" and "nice for the most part."

yes, some great shit happens in the country, and yes, the people are for the most part pretty great, too, but most of our "accomplishments" are piggybacking other countries, or, like the world wars/military operations, few know or acknowledge how much canada really does.

>tl;dr it's a privilege to be here, but fuck it's bland
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.