[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Philip Larkin is /our guy/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: larkin2.jpg (16KB, 280x300px) Image search: [Google]
larkin2.jpg
16KB, 280x300px
This man's life and work epitomizes most opinions and attitudes that I see all across 4chan. Why don't we talk about him more on /Lit/?.

Side by side, their faces blurred,
The earl and countess lie in stone,
Their proper habits vaguely shown
As jointed armour, stiffened pleat,
And that faint hint of the absurd—
The little dogs under their feet.

Such plainness of the pre-baroque
Hardly involves the eye, until
It meets his left-hand gauntlet, still
Clasped empty in the other; and
One sees, with a sharp tender shock,
His hand withdrawn, holding her hand.

They would not think to lie so long.
Such faithfulness in effigy
Was just a detail friends would see:
A sculptor’s sweet commissioned grace
Thrown off in helping to prolong
The Latin names around the base.

They would not guess how early in
Their supine stationary voyage
The air would change to soundless damage,
Turn the old tenantry away;
How soon succeeding eyes begin
To look, not read. Rigidly they

Persisted, linked, through lengths and breadths
Of time. Snow fell, undated. Light
Each summer thronged the glass. A bright
Litter of birdcalls strewed the same
Bone-riddled ground. And up the paths
The endless altered people came,

Washing at their identity.
Now, helpless in the hollow of
An unarmorial age, a trough
Of smoke in slow suspended skeins
Above their scrap of history,
Only an attitude remains:

Time has transfigured them into
Untruth. The stone fidelity
They hardly meant has come to be
Their final blazon, and to prove
Our almost-instinct almost true:
What will survive of us is love.
>>
>>9636929
Because he's an atheist and thus against the redpill.

Redpill basics:
>women must be stripped of their civil rights
>be a Catholic
>call for genocide

Larkin is against all of those
>>
>>9636929
>This man's life and work epitomizes most opinions and attitudes that I see all across 4chan
That's not any kind of recommendation. This site is increasingly a festering pit and the only bright spots are when people completely avoid being 'typically 4chan'.

Larkin's great, though.
>>
>>9636976
>This site is increasingly a festering pit and the only bright spots are when people completely avoid being 'typically 4chan'.

I hate Larkin but this is true.
>>
File: ado_1474888889.jpg (48KB, 542x441px) Image search: [Google]
ado_1474888889.jpg
48KB, 542x441px
>>9636929
Philip Larkin is too dogmatically purile.
To be /ourguy/ you have to be miserable but still strive for something greater and trascendent.

Larkin had a nu-Atheist tier contentment in his own middle class banality so he could never be /lit/, far more of a redditor
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-06-14 12.48.08.png (13KB, 254x330px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-06-14 12.48.08.png
13KB, 254x330px
>>9636929
>>
Sometimes I play Larkin Poem or Funeral Doom Lyrics with my gf after we finish making love

>Have I been wrong to think the breath
>That sharpens life is life itself not death?

Damn u made me think Phill haha
>>
>>9636982
>Larkin is merely puerile and banal
Wut.
>>
>>9636986
b'ful desu but who wrote that?
>>
>>9637659
Me
>>
>>9636970
Larkin had vague notions of spirituality and his letters made clear that he hated women and niggers. He was redpilled, just like me

>'I find the state of the nation quite terrifying. In 10 years’ time we shall all be cowering under our beds as hordes of blacks steal anything they can lay their hands on.'
>Phillip 'Are Guy' Larkin, CBE
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.