[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hegel's Aesthetics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: hegel.jpg (39KB, 309x400px) Image search: [Google]
hegel.jpg
39KB, 309x400px
>Art no longer affords the satisfaction of spiritual needs which earlier ages and nations sought in it, and found in it alone... Art, considered in its highest vocation is and remains for us a thing of the past .... [It] invites us to intellectual consideration, and that not for the purpose of creating art again, but for knowing philosophically what art is.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>9636724
Visit a contemporary art gallery and it might give you a hint.
>>
he was logocentric, so in his model ambiguous poetic worldviews could only exist where reason hasnt made the world prosaic yet through discovery of logos.
he did predict an autonomous modernist play with material with bizzarre new shapes and antilogocentric textures, but he didnt count it among real art anymore because it wouldnt express logos through human intuition.
>>
Hegel thought Art is just the first step of getting to the idea/absolute (Art - represantation of the idea)

after that comes religion where you already imagine the absolute but as something extern i.e. God (religion - imagination)

then comes philosophy where the absolute spirit is in conversation with itsel (philosophy - absolute spirit becomes self-conscious)

In Art itself Hegels makes also this kind of 3-step dialectic with symbolic - classic - romantic Art

Symbolic - Egyptians
Classic - Greeks
Romantic - German romanticism (I think there is a section in his aesthetics where talks extensivly about Goethe and Schiller)

to really get this concept you have to engage in/know Art/poetry of the german golden Age

but Hegel doesnt want to predict the future or something he knows himself that you can't step on your own shoulders so to say

but seeing how art developed after his lifetime I think he might have had a point with his statement

he doesn't say however that art just stops or dies but that it can't fullfill the ontological function it had before because spirit has already ascendet higher steps of self-consciousnes
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.